• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good going Crumpler you big fat tub of lard

Plainview1981

The joy of being a fan of 2 teams like the Hawks and Titans never end. They do so many great things.

That was a tough loss, no doubt. The titans dominated that game between the 20's, outgaining the Ravens almost 2-to-1 and still found a way to lose, turning the ball over inside the red zone 3 times.

The Ravens only made it into Titans territory a few times, but they got points when they did.

That was a good pop they put on Crumpler. It was unfortunate because it was late in the game but there is plenty of blame to go around. The defense still had them pinned inside the 2 after the fumble and could have made a play.

Bottom line, you can't turn it over 3 times, especially not inside the 20, and expect to win.

As an aside, your boy Chris Johnson played extremely well before his injury. He was going at a different speed than everyone else on the field. His injury really took a lot of punch out of the Titans. Lendale White, playing for Johnson, had that nice fumble at the 17 to close the half.

A very entertaining game to watch, unless you're a Titans fan (sorry Hots and Swish).

• Moderators
It would be great if Crumpler never plays again. Hopefully his career is over.

Why would you wish the guy's career to be over? It was time for him to leave when he did, but he gave us some good years as a receiving TE in Atlanta.

Why would you wish the guy's career to be over? It was time for him to leave when he did, but he gave us some good years as a receiving TE in Atlanta.

That's good for you guys. But he cost this team the game. Yeah, LenDale messed up, but he was a productive player on the team. Crumpler had a sorry 24 catches. I hope he gets cut ASAP.

• Moderators
That's good for you guys. But he cost this team the game. Yeah, LenDale messed up, but he was a productive player on the team. Crumpler had a sorry 24 catches. I hope he gets cut ASAP.

I definitely understand wanting him cut from your team. I just don't get wanting his career over unless he did something a lot more horrible than perform badly.

It isn't like the Titans thought they were getting a gem when they signed him. He was a guy with so little future that Atlanta cut him. You know you are getting damaged goods at that point.

Dont blame Crumpler for your guys lost. That was a team effort right there. The Titans were overrated and they got put in their place by the number 2 defense. Baltimore FORCED those turnovers.

The real sad thing is a healthy Titan team is better than the 4 slop teams that are left. Im not a Titan fan but I'll admit there is no way in hell they should have lost that game yesterday. If they played the Ravens 10 times in Tenn they would win 9 of them, yesterday was just that one bad day.

Dont blame Crumpler for your guys lost. That was a team effort right there. The Titans were overrated and they got put in their place by the number 2 defense. Baltimore FORCED those turnovers.

Crap. Crumpler is a 260 pound man. Players have taken worse hits and don't fumble the ball. Don't want to hear that "The forced the turnovers nonsense. Crumpler is a crappy player. Never was that good. He had some decent stat seasons, but the fact is that Vick pretty much only threw to him. They did nothing special. They were even getting chewed up until Johnson left the game. Where was the big bad Ravens defense when Johnson was running over them until he got out? Where was that number 2 ranked defense when he was in the game if they were so great? Justin Gage is a crappy WR and had like 135 yards catching. Why didn't the Ravens defense stop him? You know, they got that number 2 ranked defense, but they giving up a fair number of plays Sat.

The Ravens often play good defense, but they're defense wasn't that good Saturday and their offense was terrible. They had basically TWO plays the entire game on offense. They won the game because the Titans fumbled the ball and missed a FG. Although it was a long FG so I don't really think about it that much. The Ravens didn't win jack.

While the Titans might be overrated, atleast they can make the playoffs 2 years in a row.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

The real sad thing is a healthy Titan team is better than the 4 slop teams that are left. Im not a Titan fan but I'll admit there is no way in hell they should have lost that game yesterday. If they played the Ravens 10 times in Tenn they would win 9 of them, yesterday was just that one bad day.

I've been saying since the 6th game of the season that the Ravens were the best team in the AFC and I expected them to be playing in the Super Bowl with the Giants. I think the Ravens are a lot better team than people realize. They remind me a lot of the Steelers team that won the Super Bowl with good burger as a rookie QB. They can run the ball on anyone, NOBODY can run on them, and they FORCE a lot of turnovers while protecting the ball pretty well. I definitely think they can be beaten if you can find a way to protect the ball, but they get so much pressure on the QB and force you into 3rd and long and have the best safety in the history of the game back there that it's almost impossible not to turn it over.

I've been saying since the 6th game of the season that the Ravens were the best team in the AFC and I expected them to be playing in the Super Bowl with the Giants. I think the Ravens are a lot better team than people realize. They remind me a lot of the Steelers team that won the Super Bowl with good burger as a rookie QB. They can run the ball on anyone, NOBODY can run on them, and they FORCE a lot of turnovers while protecting the ball pretty well. I definitely think they can be beaten if you can find a way to protect the ball, but they get so much pressure on the QB and force you into 3rd and long and have the best safety in the history of the game back there that it's almost impossible not to turn it over.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=290110010

In fairness, they only ran for 50 yards on 1.7YPC.

CJ as overrated as he is, was tearing them apart before he went out of the game. 11 carries for 72 yards and a TD. They weren't doing much to stop him.

The Ravens lost every battle besides the turnover battle and that made the difference. For a team with such a mediocre offense, the Titans moved the ball a good bit.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=290110010

In fairness, they only ran for 50 yards on 1.7YPC.

CJ as overrated as he is, was tearing them apart before he went out of the game. 11 carries for 72 yards and a TD. They weren't doing much to stop him.

The Ravens lost every battle besides the turnover battle and that made the difference. For a team with such a mediocre offense, the Titans moved the ball a good bit.

Yep you're right about today's game, but in general terms the Ravens cannot be run on. I think it's been like 40 games (maybe more?) since they've allowed a 100 yard rusher. That is an amazing stat!! They can usually run the ball very well also but the Titans have a hell of a run defense (and defense overall) so I'm not surprised that they shut the Ravens down. I didn't watch the game but those stats for Johnson are mighty impressive against the Ravens. He has a bright future in this league if he can stay healthy.

Yep you're right about today's game, but in general terms the Ravens cannot be run on. I think it's been like 40 games (maybe more?) since they've allowed a 100 yard rusher. That is an amazing stat!! They can usually run the ball very well also but the Titans have a hell of a run defense (and defense overall) so I'm not surprised that they shut the Ravens down. I didn't watch the game but those stats for Johnson are mighty impressive against the Ravens. He has a bright future in this league if he can stay healthy.

I bashed Collins cause I was upset, but he actually played pretty well. I can't fault him for the loss at all. He made a few mistakes, but he played well enough to make up for them. White and Crumpler did NOT. I've bashed Johnson all season because he has mainly ran well against terrible defenses, but he was getting it down Sat.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators

It isn't like the Titans thought they were getting a gem when they signed Crumpler. He was a guy with so little future that Atlanta cut him. You know you are getting damaged goods at that point.

When you knowingly choose to go with the poo-poo platter at TE it is not surprising if it later stinks.

The Steelers won when Ben was in his second year he wasnt a rookie and truthfully the refs won the Seattle game not Ben. Ben was putrid in that game and if it was even close to being called right by the refs he would have been the goat. The Ravens were not better than the Titans. The Titans shot themselves in the foot way too many times. They dominated the game and still lost so I guess you can say they choked.On a side note what do you guys think of the now infamous play clock at zero for about 2 seconds and no penalty call.

Yeah, if you watched that game with the scoreboard blotted out and changed the channel every time a team made it to the red-zone, you would have thought the Titans won by +20. Obviously there is an element of choking under pressure in there, but some of that is just unlucky.

And Hotlanta, like you I'm not a huge Chris Johnson fan. I think when a speed-back is your primary guy, you have trouble against good defenses (see Peterson, Adreian); still though, he was straight dominating a VERY good Baltimore run D.

The concern for the Ravens is going to be getting behind by more than one possession. If that happens and they have to give up the run, I have 0 faith that Joe Flacco can put a team on his back. Of course, that is a contingency that seems unlikely to happen with the frequency that the Ravens D forces fumbles and picks off passes.

• Moderators
On a side note what do you guys think of the now infamous play clock at zero for about 2 seconds and no penalty call.

I wonder if there was a technical problem on that play. I imagine these guys have something that buzzes or goes off when the play clock expires. Terrible no call because that should be one of the easiest calls in the game and it was an obvious one that was well past the expiration of the clock (probably more than a second beyond it).