• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bold Prediction.....

PatheticATLfan

The Suns game is a dooms day scenerio without Horford but things get better after that. The following 2 road games are the Clippers and Warriors. Two beatable teams who also lack size. Those are 2 teams the Hawks stand a better then good shot of beating without Horford.

Then the Hawks have some more very winnable games vs. teams like the Bucks and Bulls.

• Moderators
I think even without Horford, Hawks should be able to beat Clippers and Warriors. Suns will be tought tho..real tough. but i wouldnt be so quick on firing Woody tho either way

I am not a fan of Woodson's, but this is where I am on it. We are doing very well this season, overall, and I would be very reluctant to shake things up without a sustained period of underperforming from the team. Basically, I don't love Woody as the long-term coach but would be reluctant to shake things up at this point in the interests of this season.

I would love to see Price as a head coach. A proven winner and leader of a team. I dont know if he has the toughness to discipline our players though.

Mark Price couldn't get the job done in Australia in 2006. He was head coach of the South Dragons in the local NBL, but only lasted 5 games before being sacked. Apparently there was a rift between himself and Shane Heal, who ended up taking over as player/coach.

An article about it....

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/867420

Cheers

Rick

• Moderators

In fairness, Price was obviously stabbed in the back by Austuralia's biggest name in basketball.

After Heal took over as head coach, he led the team to an amazing 19-35 record and was, himself, sacked. At the beginning of the next season, the team (under Heal's coaching) also started off 0-6.

Tough to tell how good a coach Price is based on 6 games where the team was ready to bring in the Aussie star to replace him less than 5 games into his tenure. Not exactly a fair shake or commitment from ownership.

In fairness, Price was obviously stabbed in the back by Austuralia's biggest name in basketball.

After Heal took over as head coach, he led the team to an amazing 19-35 record and was, himself, sacked. At the beginning of the next season, the team (under Heal's coaching) also started off 0-6.

Tough to tell how good a coach Price is based on 6 games where the team was ready to bring in the Aussie star to replace him less than 5 games into his tenure. Not exactly a fair shake or commitment from ownership.

I agree with you AHF, he hardly got a fair shot, however it does show he had problems keeping his "star player" on side.

Sorry mate, I actually disagree on one of your points - no way Heal is Australias biggest name in basketball; well not in Australia anyway, you need to do more than chest-bump Charles Barkley in an exhibition game. :laughing5: :lol6:

• Moderators
I agree with you AHF, he hardly got a fair shot, however it does show he had problems keeping his "star player" on side.

Sorry mate, I actually disagree on one of your points - no way Heal is Australias biggest name in basketball; well not in Australia anyway, you need to do more than chest-bump Charles Barkley in an exhibition game. :laughing5: :lol6:

I didn't mean the history of Australian basketball - but at the time. I may still be totally off base with that one, though. He got more press here in the states than anyone else based on his international games and brief NBA career and I assumed in 2006 he was not a star but still a huge name ala Larry Bird when he joined the Pacers.

I didn't mean the history of Australian basketball - but at the time. I may still be totally off base with that one, though. He got more press here in the states than anyone else based on his international games and brief NBA career and I assumed in 2006 he was not a star but still a huge name ala Larry Bird when he joined the Pacers.

Yeah fair enough. I think the biggest name in Aussie basketball is Andrew Gaze, though its understandable that is not the case with a point of view from the US. Gaze had an even shorter career in the NBA, but did win a ring warming the bench for the Spurs. He had a good year for Seton Hall too, going all the way to the Championship Game.

Anyway, I'm getting way off topic now.... :offtopic2: