• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which young center has more long term potential?

Packfill

Just wondering what people think in terms of the long range potential of Al Horford, Brook Lopez and Spencer Hawes. All are young and have much to improve. Al is the most accomplished and athletic of the three, but also the oldest and smallest. Their numbers are not too far apart right now, which got me thinking.

All have shown that they can be quality players but I think Lopez has the brightest future ahead of him since he's got size and pretty polished offensive skills as well as the ability to block shots. Hawes has been pretty inconsistent this year (ever since I traded for him in our fantasy league that is) but he's got real 3pt range and can block shots and score pretty well. I'd like to see what he can do as the full-time starting center. Horford looks like he'll be a really solid player but unless we're able to move him to PF at some point he's never going to realize his potential.

All have shown that they can be quality players but I think Lopez has the brightest future ahead of him since he's got size and pretty polished offensive skills as well as the ability to block shots. Hawes has been pretty inconsistent this year (ever since I traded for him in our fantasy league that is) but he's got real 3pt range and can block shots and score pretty well. I'd like to see what he can do as the full-time starting center. Horford looks like he'll be a really solid player but unless we're able to move him to PF at some point he's never going to realize his potential.

I've never seen anything out of Al that says that moving him to PF would make him a significantly better player, at least offensively.

I'd take Hawes last. He's too soft for me.

I'd probably take Lopez over Al as he's the more natural post player and shotblocker, but like Al, I'd like him to be more aggressive in drawing fouls around the hoop.

From what I've seen I'd rank them Hawes, Horford and Lopez.

I really like Hawes a lot. He can shoot and block shots. There's not a lot of guys like that in the league.

I like Hawes' offensive potential. Defensively, Lopez seems like he may offer more as a shotblocker and post defender.