• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Conseco vs. Bonaduce ! Celebrity Boxing !

coachx

http://projects.accessatlanta.com/gallery/...onaduce-boxing/

I say within 5 years Pac Man Williams is into this.

I hope Vick gets another pay day in the NFL so we don't see him in this type of thing. However, if ever stoops this low all you can say is direct karma coming full circle.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators
That book really messed his life up. He's OK - not on the streets or anything but he doesn't have any skills outside of playing baseball.

How did the book mess him up? He had to earn hundreds of thousands of dollars from it and like you point out, what is the alternative for him? He doesn't really have any skills.

Was it the pressure of tattling on his former teammates that was personally difficult for him, which drove him to more drugs, which squandered his $$, etc.?

How did the book mess him up? He had to earn hundreds of thousands of dollars from it and like you point out, what is the alternative for him? He doesn't really have any skills.

Was it the pressure of tattling on his former teammates that was personally difficult for him, which drove him to more drugs, which squandered his $$, etc.?

It's kept him from getting gainful employment in the baseball industry, whether it be within an organization or as a spokesperson.

That money is gone now after a divorce. It's a long story.

He's trying to get off steroids now. I read the book after seeing the Special. I don't think he's a bad guy - but he's radioactive.

• Moderators
It's kept him from getting gainful employment in the baseball industry, whether it be within an organization or as a spokesperson.

He was already so tainted, I am having trouble seeing this as being all that meaningful. I guess someone out there might have wanted to hire him but there is no way any respectable team would hire an admitted steroid abuser who is not at all bright and who has a troubled history off the field as well. No MLB was going to have him come in as a coach or a talent scout or on the administrative side, etc.

That money is gone now after a divorce. It's a long story.

That doesn't surprise me. Athletes squandering gobs of money is not anything new.

He's trying to get off steroids now. I read the book after seeing the Special. I don't think he's a bad guy - but he's radioactive.

No doubt he is radioactive now. He went from being tainted to the guy who threw everyone under the bus. On the upside, e is radioactive within baseball now but is much more relevant to a lot of people (fans, media, etc.) than he would have been had he stayed silent. The sympathetic special you watched is an example of that. Would anyone watch greenlight something like that about Ken Caminiti? I don't think so.