• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson On Knicks' Radar (2010)?

TskOoOo

The Hawks' Johnson is on the Knicks' radar for 2010, assuming they can't get LeBron James. Johnson, who will become a free agent in two summers, says he would consider being reunited with Mike D'Antoni in New York. "You can't rule anybody out," said Johnson, who played for the Knicks coach in Phoenix. "At the end of the day it's a business. That's how you have to look at it." New York Daily News

So could there be a New York reunion between the two? "I don't know," said Johnson, who is earning $14.2 million this season and has one more year left at $14.9 million on his five-year, $70-million contract. "I can't really answer that because like I said, I don't know what's going to happen. He was a great coach and I enjoyed the time that we were together." Newsday

--Hoopshype Rumors (New York Daily News).

Doesn't exactly sound like he gave a true endorsement of Atlanta as a place to stay till he retires?

• Moderators
Doesn't exactly sound like he gave a true endorsement of Atlanta as a place to stay till he retires?

If he doesn't keep the door open to go elsewhere, he loses negotiating leverage. The important thing is that he doesn't say that he wants to leave Atlanta. As long as he is just saying, "City X is a nice team and that will certainly be a possibility" that doesn't bother me at all.

If Atlanta comes at him with a max deal this offseason, I would expect that he would re-sign pretty quickly. If not, we may lose him after next season.

Why not go to New York and partner with Lebron or Bosh?

He wouldn't go to NY to partner with LBJ or Bosh, he would be the consolation prize if the Knicks failed to land a bigger fish.