• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has Josh Smith 'MATURED?'

frankthetank966

With 1:26 remaining in the game the Bobcats took a time out. FoxSportsSouth was showing the bench and Josh Smith displayed energy and looked very happy that the Hawks were in the lead. Funny thing is, Smith was on the BENCH!

Last years Smoove may have been upset and displayed anger for not being in the game. However this years mature Smith clearly realized that he was not having a good game shooting a 23% from the field (3-13) and 42% (3-7) from the line. However he was still relatively happy that his team made a 17 point comeback!

Smoove was then put in the game with 30 seconds remaining and made a key block on Shannon Brown which resulted in 2 Mike Bibby free-throws.

Is this a more mature Josh Smith?

With 1:26 remaining in the game the Bobcats took a time out. FoxSportsSouth was showing the bench and Josh Smith displayed energy and looked very happy that the Hawks were in the lead. Funny thing is, Smith was on the BENCH!

Last years Smoove may have been upset and displayed anger for not being in the game. However this years mature Smith clearly realized that he was not having a good game shooting a 23% from the field (3-13) and 42% (3-7) from the line. However he was still relatively happy that his team made a 17 point comeback!

Smoove was then put in the game with 30 seconds remaining and made a key block on Shannon Brown which resulted in 2 Mike Bibby free-throws.

That's awesome. When he came in the game he ran on the court. Even when you not scoring you can always help out in other ways.

I thought the exact thing when I saw this tonight; I was really proud of him for that apparent attitude change/shift. I hope it continues and somehow can help that free throw shooting!

Was thinking tonight he needs to practice FT blindfolded and have someone tell him where his shot is off. Strange idea but worth a try.

Actually, I've discovered that if I close MY eyes when he shoots free throws, he often makes them.

Most of the time I want to shut my eyes anyway when he's up there shooting.

Also, I simply can't be satisfied with 3 rebounds from a starting PF in 35 minutes. Maybe it's not the same, but I think he needs to mature as a player and block out, and attack the boards with zest.

More maturity would be realizing that he's not a wing player, and part of his responsibility as a player should be to bring down boards on both sides of the floor. It's not like he lacks the ability, strength, or athleticism to be a good rebounder, he just lacks the fundamentals and determination.

Can't gripe about 3 rebounds, both him and Horford(played terribly) had off games but the blocks were up(5). The other 3 starters played great and the whole team crashed the boards. Glad for MW doing his thing but it'll be interesting how well he fares against a tougher and athletic defender(Al Thornton).

No, he hasn't matured.

He still makes the same bone-headed mistakes he always makes.

He missed at least 10 easy hook shots tonight--nice.

His passing sucks

He was cursing at ZaZa when Z get the technical--like Josh's 1-100 FT performance lately has helped us...Oh wait, his horrendous FT shooting has cost us at least 2 games.

Then he claims he makes everything in practice, but not in games. Well obviously he doesn't because you never perform better than you practice. Which means he probably takes FTs for a joke in practice and this has transferred over.

Tsk OoOo

Can't gripe about 3 rebounds, both him and Horford(played terribly) had off games but the blocks were up(5). The other 3 starters played great and the whole team crashed the boards. Glad for MW doing his thing but it'll be interesting how well he fares against a tougher and athletic defender(Al Thornton).

Huh? Emeka Okafor had as many rebounds as Josh, Marvin, Horford, and Evans (4 of our starting 5) combined. I'd say it was an overall very poor job of crashing the boards against a team that starts Adam Morrison and Boris Diaw at forward (not the roughest and toughest in the NBA, certainly).

Zaza Pachulia led the team in rebounding-he got as many as Raymond Felton. The fact is, it was a poor, poor job of rebounding against a team that has one legit big (Okafor) and one retread who can't catch on anywhere (Diop).

Huh? Emeka Okafor had as many rebounds as Josh, Marvin, Horford, and Evans (4 of our starting 5) combined. I'd say it was an overall very poor job of crashing the boards against a team that starts Adam Morrison and Boris Diaw at forward (not the roughest and toughest in the NBA, certainly).

Zaza Pachulia led the team in rebounding-he got as many as Raymond Felton. The fact is, it was a poor, poor job of rebounding against a team that has one legit big (Okafor) and one retread who can't catch on anywhere (Diop).

That is pretty bad.