• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who Would You Rather Face in the 1st Round?

BusBoyIsBack

I think they have some decent shooters there. Wade has really become a deadly midrange shooter, Beasley has a very nice shot and really fills up in short minutes, Chalmers and Quinn can hit from deep, Haslem is also a very solid shooter. They don't have too many 3pt threats but Beas can hit from there and hits a lot of long 2s as do Wade and Haslem.

The way I figure is that even though we have advantages at most positions, their SG advantage is really really really big. At the end of the day though, I'd probably want to play the one with the worst record which looks like it'll be the Pistons, which means we won't get them.

The other thing to consider is that Miami might make a trade for JO. If JO is healthy (big "if") it makes their team better because he can make up for the D/Rebounding that they lose with Marion and he frees up more time for better offensive players (Beasley) than Marion at the 3/4 positions.

I think the Heat would be unwise to trade Marion for JO. Marion is the one great defender on that team and he stays healthy. JO+Beasley = no D and total inconsistency. They way they are playing now, why make such a move?

At least that's how I see it.

I think the Heat would be unwise to trade Marion for JO. Marion is the one great defender on that team and he stays healthy. JO+Beasley = no D and total inconsistency. They way they are playing now, why make such a move?

I mean, the D thing is why I don't think an Amare trade makes them a contender in the east. I think its different with JO though because JO is a good interior defender when he's motivated which generally makes it easier for guys to D up on the perimeter. Right now that team is going better defensively than it is offensively and a trade that allows their second best offensive player to get on the floor and shifts the defensive strength inside to JO instead of at the 3/4 with Marion lets them get better offensively while staying about the same defensively.

I mean, you might be right but I think they gotta make some sort of move if they want to do anything and this is less of a risk than Amare because they don't give up Beasley and JO's contract is up before that big offseason anyway.

Edited by crimedog

According to ESPN, they made the trade. Goes to show what I know.

Makes more sense than giving up Beasley I guess.

I think the Heat would be unwise to trade Marion for JO. Marion is the one great defender on that team and he stays healthy. JO+Beasley = no D and total inconsistency.

JO is actually a very good defender when healthy, and a much better interior defender than Marion. He isn't great offensively anymore but neither is Marion. I think this trade improves them if JO can avoid injury. Marion just isn't that good other than being a solid perimeter defender and rebounder.

If I can pick our opponent, I'd take Philly in a heartbeat. We'd have the best player (JJ), best shooter (Bibby) and most athletic player (Josh Smith) on the court at all times. Who is there go-to, Iggy? Please. Plus Andre Miller is slow enough to be guarded by Bibby.

I don't want Detroit because AI will get a lot of calls and we can't stop him from getting to the hole. Rasheed Wallace and Hamilton work the refs, and Price is still a good defender and likely to get the best of JJ in at least two games.

I don't want Miami because of what others have said...Wade will be unstoppable. If we breathe on him, instant foul as he "falls" to the ground. Plus Beasley seems to be coming on. JO could present problems against our lack of size.

Everyone has made some good points. I agree with most that Miami is the team that I want to play the least.

I want no part of D-Whistle.

Between Philly and Detroit I think it's a tie. On one had, I'd rather play Philly because Me, Myself, and Iverson is known for drawing the whistle himself. And you never know if guys like Rip and Sheed could turn it on in the post-season. Plus Rodney Stuckey.

Then again Philly is the one team that comes the closest to matching us in terms of athleticism and they are hot right now.

I guess it's truly no easy series which is why we absolutely have to hold on to that 4 seed