• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Let's Face It - Joe Has a Low BBall I.Q.

JackB1

Someone posted that he has low BBall IQ, but I disagree because his IQ is part of what makes him one of the most versatile players in the NBA....BUT...

He just does not show intensity and killer instinct most of the time....Like we just saw with Kobe and even Brandon Roy (who a lot of people have compared to Joe) both have the fire and a will to not let their team lose without giving every ounce of their heart, skill, and ability....Joe tends to lay back at times and even when he does get aggressive he still does not appear to fight with "everything" when the team needs him to be a superstar....

That little extra fight, that will, that high intensity separates the stars from superstars in the pros (and in life)...Joe has to find that or settle with simply being a star with potential to be a superstar but never taking that extra step...That's Joe!

Someone posted that he has low BBall IQ, but I disagree because his IQ is part of what makes him one of the most versatile players in the NBA....BUT...

He just does not show intensity and killer instinct most of the time....Like we just saw with Kobe and even Brandon Roy (who a lot of people have compared to Joe) both have the fire and a will to not let their team lose without giving every ounce of their heart, skill, and ability....Joe tends to lay back at times and even when he does get aggressive he still does not appear to fight with "everything" when the team needs him to be a superstar....

That little extra fight, that will, that high intensity separates the stars from superstars in the pros (and in life)...Joe has to find that or settle with simply being a star with potential to be a superstar but never taking that extra step...That's Joe!

You nailed it y2kenta. Joe is a very smart player but doesn't have the superstar mindset. He doesn't show strong leadership and most often shows no emotion whatsoever. He will never be a superstar. A good shooter, ball handler and teammate yes, but never a superstar.

Sometimes Joe is almost as dumb as Smoove. Yeah, I said it. He has loads of natural ability and yet doesn't recognize how to use it to best suit the team. He had 5 turnovers last night and he continues to dribble/dribble/dribble in traffic or when double teamed. He is almost instoppable in the lane, but only goes there when the mood strikes him. He should be driving more and drawing more fouls.

You ever hear Joe on post game interviews? He doesn't strike me as too bright. He will also answer the same....."We just need to be more aggresive"......He never shows any basketball smarts...on the court or off. He will continue to jack up shots, even when he knows he's off. I saw one game last year when he drove to the hoop almost every time he had the ball and he was unstoppable. Next game.....back to jump shots.

Joe is a great player.....but his brain keeps him down. Just like Smoove.

I wouldnt say all that. His BBIQ isnt low but I think JJ's problem is that he settles...he can do more. He can get to the line more if he wanted to instead of settling for jumpshots. And he can be more vocal if he chose to but thats not him and it aint gonna happen.

Whats funny is that in the new commercial with JJ, Melo and Chris Paul, they show JJ talking to his teammates on defense..I never seen JJ speak on the court lol He isnt a vocal leader at all..thats Bibby's job

JJ is god. but that lack of a killer instinct is what seperates him from being a great player like Kobe, Bron, Wade..ect

Edited by r3drumNYNJ