• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Close but NO Cigar

frankthetank966

5 Seconds Remaining...You make the call!  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We all know the old saying "close but no cigar." In essence that was the story for the Hawks last night. Missing 40% of their starting lineup the Hawks captain had the ball in his hand with 5 seconds remaining and rather than opting to take a floater, Joe Johnson decided to give the ball to first year Hawk Flip Murray. Murray appeared to jolt his shot and didn't really seem like he was ever set but rather just tapped the ball at the hoop in a certain manner.

What do ya'll think? Did JJ make the right move of passing to his open teammate Murray, should he have taken the shot or passed to his right for an open Al Horford?

I am not blaming anyone b/c we had a great effort, but remember a loss is a loss.

Yea I agree. I think Flip looked kind of shocked when he got it.

Tough loss, on the last play. JJ had made I don't know how many straight shots it seemed but he just got out of positon at the end. Tough break, great comeback and game. I don't fault any of them. Played spunky. Very impressive. My heart came out of my throat. Imagine how the Denver fans must have felt seeing JJ with the bal inside of 10 feet of the basket. Oh well.

Ce la vie@! But great game.

Hawk 88

• Moderators

I thought JJ would have taken a floater there but really it seemed like Marvin could have broken hard to the basket for an easy alley-oop or layup. Marvin, Horford, and Flip all looked like spectators. I think no one thought he was going to pass it and they were all in pretty poor position.

Flip was open and JJ was double teamed but Flip and everyone else thought it was JJ shot... still.

I thought Joe made the right play, the sad thing is that the other guys were suprised that he didn't take it.

The odds of Joe hitting a tightly contested shot like that are pretty low. The odds of Flip missing the shot that he took were pretty low. Sometimes it comes down to luck.