• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons Draft Needs Poll

coachx

Falcons Order of Draft Needs  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a little premature but the draft is something many of us really enjoy. There is still 45 days to sign FAs before the draft. I am hoping we fill the pass catching TE hole with LJ Smith since we do not have as many high picks as we had last year.

I really like this mock draft for the Falcons. Sportsline Mock Draft

1st Round

24. Atlanta Falcons

Louis Delmas, FS, Western Michigan: The defensive secondary needs Delmas' speed and athleticism, although there might be growing pains as he learns to be more selective in his aggressiveness.

2nd Round

23. Atlanta Falcons

Sean Smith, CB, Utah: Domonique Foxworth split town, leaving a need for a man-to-man force like Smith on the outside.

3rd Round

26. Atlanta Falcons

Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri: QB Matt Ryan loves this pick because Coffman might have the best hands in the draft.

A draft similar to this would settle the Falcons areas of need, outside of DT. It doesn't matter if the Falcons sign L.J. Smith or not, he is too undependable to count on. He is either hurt, or dropping passes when healthy. The Falcons have settled the LB positions IMO; remember Dimitroff drafted a LB last year that had a season ending injury in training camp.

I really like this mock draft for the Falcons. Sportsline Mock Draft

1st Round

24. Atlanta Falcons

Louis Delmas, FS, Western Michigan: The defensive secondary needs Delmas' speed and athleticism, although there might be growing pains as he learns to be more selective in his aggressiveness.

2nd Round

23. Atlanta Falcons

Sean Smith, CB, Utah: Domonique Foxworth split town, leaving a need for a man-to-man force like Smith on the outside.

3rd Round

26. Atlanta Falcons

Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri: QB Matt Ryan loves this pick because Coffman might have the best hands in the draft.

A draft similar to this would settle the Falcons areas of need, outside of DT. It doesn't matter if the Falcons sign L.J. Smith or not, he is too undependable to count on. He is either hurt, or dropping passes when healthy. The Falcons have settled the LB positions IMO; remember Dimitroff drafted a LB last year that had a season ending injury in training camp.

I like that mock too. I would be shocked to Smith in the 2nd and Coffman in the 3rd but if it works out that way its win - win for us.

Other guys on my 2nd round wish list are Bane (DT), and Allen (CB), Chung (SS), Moore (S)

If we do not sign LJ Smith and burn the 1st pick on Pettigrew I prey one of these 4 fall to us in the 2nd. There is also the chance none of them are there.

Would not put it past TD to trade up in the 2nd, if needed, to get the guy he covets.