• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What would you give for a Finley?

Diesel

• Premium Member

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/6547586.htm

In reply to:

The recent talk on the NBA streets was that a deal was being discussed that would have sent Jamison, Jason Richardson and Erick Dampier to Dallas for Michael Finley and Raef LaFrentz. Talent for talent, not a bad deal for the Warriors. But Finley has two years left on a seven-year, $102 million deal, and LaFrentz three years left on a seven-year, $70 million deal.

I believe that Finley and Lafrentz are still on the blocks... However, I have been looking over the numbers... I have a deal that might work for both teams:

Theo/Hendu/CC for Finley/Lafrentz.

What it would leave Dallas with is:

Theo/Dirk/Jamison/Welsch/Nash.

That's a strong team. Defensively they are stronger. Offensively, they are strong.

What it leaves us with is:

Lafrentz/SAR/Finley/Diaw/JT.

I don't see this as being that bad either.

Finley gives us a legitimate Scorer to play alongside JT and SAR.

Dallas definitely needs help at center and Theo would be a good fit, but I can't imagine that they would want to take on CC's contract. Stranger things have happened though.

If I were Dallas I would definitely at least want a #1 on top of that.

from taking any western team to 7 games in the playoffs.

yes they lose some offense but they have enough offense as it is, i bet they wouldnt mind sacrificin some offense to get their defense improved.

Theo will fit in nicely. 10 trash points here and there, rebound the same as he did here would be fine since Dirk averages like 10 rpg (i believe).

i really like Finley. Hes a poormans Jordan.

• Premium Member

Actually,

I think it's a fair deal. We take on Lafrentz' questionable contract and we give them three contracts that expire in the next 2 years.

AlSO,

I think Cuban is a Hendu fan. He went to IU and created broadcast.com so that he could see IU games when Hendu was there.

The deal works out:

Theo for Finley. Finley is getting up in age for a SG but for us, he'd make a good SF. We actually have the kind of team to compliment his ability. Theo is a perfect fit for Dallas. He brings shot blocking. With the addition of Jamison, they have 2 10 rebound players at the PF and SF position.

Hendu/CC for Lafrentz. Lafrentz has been a disappointment. However, I think giving the right coaching, he can be usable. IN a few months, we can rotate Lafrentz with Nazr as a two headed monster. For Dallas, Hendu is good help off the bench who can play SF, PF and C. Although I believe that with Theo and Bradley. They have C on Lock and with Dirk and Fortson.... Finding time at Pf would be hard too. However, Hendu is a player who could probably play some time and make a contribution.