• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jefferson out. Foye & Gomez hit the wall

jerrywest

Even with all of that being said, we have a penchant for bringing out the best in scuffling teams.

This team is 4-23 in their last 27 games. Before that, they went 10-2. Early in the season they had a 8 game and a 13 game losing streak.

The last time we played them, they were playing well together.

This will be their 4th game in 5th night. They can't wait for summer break.

This team is 4-23 in their last 27 games. Before that, they went 10-2. Early in the season they had a 8 game and a 13 game losing streak.

The last time we played them, they were playing well together.

This will be their 4th game in 5th night. They can't wait for summer break.

Hope you're right. It really depends on which Hawks team takes the floor.

Hope you're right. It really depends on which Hawks team takes the floor.

I believe the Hawks should win this game. Too much riding on this season to lose to an inferior team at home with home court hanging in the balance.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_11973852

This team was playing really well together until Jefferson got injured. We got lucky again.

You realize that Jefferson has been out for a while, right?

I just don't get this stuff about the Hawks being lucky like we're the only team that plays teams with injuries and we have no injuries of our own. Welcome to the NBA and all professional sports. Injuries happen and affect everyone.

You realize that Jefferson has been out for a while, right?

I just don't get this stuff about the Hawks being lucky like we're the only team that plays teams with injuries and we have no injuries of our own. Welcome to the NBA and all professional sports. Injuries happen and affect everyone.

You realize that Jefferson, who is arguably the best young post up scorer in the NBA, has played most of their games this year. Wolves playing without Jefferson is equivalent to us playing without at least JJ+Marvin. They have no chance without Jefferson tonight. Even Kevin Love or Randy Foye would be warming Woody's bench behind his trusted 8 man rotation.

Hawks had an unusually good run of playing against injured teams this year. I have never seen this type of good fortune before.

• Premium Member
Hawks had an unusually good run of playing against injured teams this year. I have never seen this type of good fortune before.

Everybody plays the other conference's teams twice, and the teams in their own conference at least three times.

You realize that Jefferson, who is arguably the best young post up scorer in the NBA, has played most of their games this year. Wolves playing without Jefferson is equivalent to us playing without at least JJ+Marvin. They have no chance without Jefferson tonight. Even Kevin Love or Randy Foye would be warming Woody's bench behind his trusted 8 man rotation.

You missed the point completely. The Wolves have played a lot of teams without Jefferson and they will play without Jefferson after us. You think the Hawks are the only team that gets to play teams with injuries? Teams have played Denver without Melo, we haven't. Teams have played Phoenix without Amare, we haven't. Detroit got to play Miami without Wade. OKC without Durant. Boston without KG. We have played Utah with Boozer twice. Etc.

LOL @ "I have never seen this type of good fortune before." It's the NBA.

Teams have played Denver without Melo, we haven't. Teams have played Phoenix without Amare, we haven't. Detroit got to play Miami without Wade. OKC without Durant. Boston without KG. We have played Utah with Boozer twice. Etc.

Ya. I knew you would come out with those examples. I am talking about the overall picture. We had to play against Boozer, Amare etc., but overall we have played many many teams that were short handed.

I don't think there is any stat book that will show which team had the most luck in terms of opponent injuries. In my head I can sort of compare our this season vs our past seasons and I am sure we have never had to play against so many short handed teams.

Ya. I knew you would come out with those examples. I am talking about the overall picture. We had to play against Boozer, Amare etc., but overall we have played many many teams that were short handed.

I don't think there is any stat book that will show which team had the most luck in terms of opponent injuries. In my head I can sort of compare our this season vs our past seasons and I am sure we have never had to play against so many short handed teams.

Well, you'd be wrong.

• Premium Member
In my head I can sort of compare our this season vs our past seasons and I am sure we have never had to play against so many short handed teams.

It's steroids. They've finally decided to clean up the NBA.

Gotta be. :beer:

Yeah Hawks fans should know that we can't take any game for granted.

Which is why I'm still not penciling this in as a W...I mean, if they let the Kings hang around, imagine what the T-Wolves could do (even though they're probably as bad, if not worse, than the Kings right now in their current state)

Either way, we need to pick up a win tonight since Miami's probably gonna take care of Memphis at home tonight.

And besides, I'm pretty sure that they know they need a win since the rest of this week is going to be hell.

Well, you'd be wrong.

I disagree. Having followed the team pretty closely since '93 i can't recall a season where the Hawks have played so many short handed teams.

Of course some people like to play down opponents injuries but just the other night the Mavs with without Dampier and Howard while Barrea's shoulder was wrapped up and JT's left hand was heavily bandaged.

That kind of thing has been going on all season.

I disagree. Having followed the team pretty closely since '93 i can't recall a season where the Hawks have played so many short handed teams.

Of course some people like to play down opponents injuries but just the other night the Mavs with without Dampier and Howard while Barrea's shoulder was wrapped up and JT's left hand was heavily bandaged.

That kind of thing has been going on all season.

You can say this season has been different for the Hawks, but you'd have to say the same for most teams. Look at the names I mentioned above. This is one of those more than usual injury-riddled seasons. Every team gets to play teams shorthanded. Even if every team in the league was completely healthy for all 82 games the Hawks would still be in 4th most likely.

You can say this season has been different for the Hawks, but you'd have to say the same for most teams. Look at the names I mentioned above. This is one of those more than usual injury-riddled seasons. Every team gets to play teams shorthanded. Even if every team in the league was completely healthy for all 82 games the Hawks would still be in 4th most likely.

It isn't that simple. The Hawks struggle against big centers and as luck would have it haven't had to face Bynum or Oden. Bynum and Oden haven't missed the entire season. Dampier has hardly missed a start in years but he missed ours.

JT has had a great year but i doubt he has been playing with his left hand bandaged all year.

and so on

It isn't that simple. The Hawks struggle against big centers and as luck would have it haven't had to face Bynum or Oden. Bynum and Oden haven't missed the entire season. Dampier has hardly missed a start in years but he missed ours.

JT has had a great year but i doubt he has been playing with his left hand bandaged all year.

and so on

Oden wouldn't have changed that game. But you can say the same thing for games we lost. We would have won both Boston games without KG. Would have beat Denver without Melo scoring all over the place. Definitely would have won that terrible game against Miami without Wade. New Jersey without Devin Harris. All of those players kill us. We had to play Boozer, but we won anyway.

It's foolish to only look at it from one side.