• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Long list of DT's in draft

coachx

I gotta think they go defense in the first round. Either DT, LB or DB.

A tight end who can block will be there later in the draft.

We don't need a tight that can just block. We are looking for a tight end that can block and catch. If we were looking for a TE that could only block, we wouldn't be drafting one since we already have two of them on our roster...

• Moderators
I gotta think they go defense in the first round. Either DT, LB or DB.

A tight end who can block will be there later in the draft.

I agree. We aren't a finished product on offense and we have needs there but unless the value at TE is just significantly higher than the defensive guys, I want to see our early picks spent to bolster our defense. We got by on a lot of smoke and mirrors defensively last year, IMO.

Edited by AHF

• Moderators
I still think that if someone as good as Pettigrew is on the table, we can't afford to pass up on him unless we're passing up on a player like J. Smith, A. Curry, M. Oher, etc.

I can count guys who played TE and were really impact players on offense (IMO) over the last decade on one hand. If TD thinks Pettigrew is one of them, then grab him. But if we are talking about the next Kellen Winslow or Jeremy Shockey then I don't want to waste a premium pick on the position. A pass rusher like Patrick Kerney is worth a lot more to me at the same position in the draft.

Seeing Ziggy Hood's name popping up more and more with a rumor they like him? Good pick.

I like Hood but he is not a NT. He should be playing in the same place as Babbineaux. He would be nice in a DT rotation but not the ideal run stuffer the roster needs to replace Grady Jackson.

I have seen Hood mentioned on internet mock drafts but not from any of the draft gurus or insiders like Mayock, Davis, Casserly, etc.

I would prefer a pass rusher or a cover corner based on the guys who should be available at #24.

Of course if TD thinks he is the guy you have to go with him since he is batting about a perfect 1.000 right now.

Edited by coachx

I think Brace could have a big immediete impact. A lot like Raji, but a whole lot cheaper.

Hawk88

Brace is a solid 2nd round pick. Taking him in the 1st round is a major reach but would fill our most glaring need.

The Falcons want what everyone wants. To trade down and get more picks so they can get Brace. #24 is too high for Brace but he will be gone by our 2nd selection at #55.

Seeing Brace and Raji in workout makes them look like different species. Raji is much quicker and more nimble. Mayock made the comparison of the tortoise and the hair at their pro day.

Edited by coachx

Brace is a solid 2nd round pick. Taking him in the 1st round is a major reach but would fill our most glaring need.

The Falcons want what everyone wants. To trade down and get more picks so they can get Brace. #24 is too high for Brace but he will be gone by our 2nd selection at #55.

Seeing Brace and Raji in workout makes them look like different species. Raji is much quicker and more nimble. Mayock made the comparison of the tortoise and the hair at their pro day.

Folks like Kiper put to much weight into slotting these guys. If he can help your team this year and immedietly productive at a high level I say take him. Sure I would love to get him in round 2 but he might even go at the end of round 1 with Pittsburg. If you take care of your big need in round 1, it opens up what you can do for the rest of the draft.

Hawk88

Folks like Kiper put to much weight into slotting these guys. If he can help your team this year and immedietly productive at a high level I say take him. Sure I would love to get him in round 2 but he might even go at the end of round 1 with Pittsburg. If you take care of your big need in round 1, it opens up what you can do for the rest of the draft.

Hawk88

Mayock is nothing like Kiper.

Mike Mayock is the best hands down ! You should get NFL Network and check him out.

Mayock is nothing like Kiper.

Mike Mayock is the best hands down ! You should get NFL Network and check him out.

Has anyone noticed that the sound when Kiper speaks seems off. Is it that the sound is off or is it the exajurated way his mouth moves when he speaks?

Hawk88

I think Brace could have a big immediete impact. A lot like Raji, but a whole lot cheaper.

Hawk88

We had an entire thread on Brace back in March:

http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index....howtopic=335759

Just did not know if there was any info in here you have not read about.

Edited by coachx