• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons sign 10 undrafted FA's

coachx

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Article...ster_moves.aspx

They must really like Jerry and Walker b/c Moorhead just got released. Also good news that Trey Lewis must be feeling good if they are cutting veteran lineman.

The 6'5'' reciever from Clemson sounds intrigueing.

What about the 6'6'' 230 lb "reviever?" He could be a pass catching TE one day.

A couple of productive OL in the mix too.

Edited by coachx

Here's the list:

The 10 rookie free agents include:

Wide receiver Darren Mougey (San Diego State),

wide receiver Aaron Kelly (Clemson),

quarterback John Parker Wilson (Alabama),

defensive end Maurice Lucas (Colorado),

long snapper Robert Shiver (Auburn),

offensive lineman Ryan Stanchek (West Virginia),

offensive lineman Jose Valdez (Arkansas),

linebacker Derek Nicholson (Florida State),

punter/kicker Robbie Dehaze (Northern Arizona)

linebacker Brock Christopher (Missouri)

Mougey, the 233 lb WR defenately sounds intriguing. I wonder if he can catch the ball going over the middle? TE or H-back is certainly a possibility.

I saw Valdez in a game and he looks like he could be a contributer. Big road-grader type. Not too different from Dahl.

Wonder if Wilson is being brought in to push Shockly? Wilson is certainly more of a drop back passer like Ryan than Shock.

The rest of the guys seem like camp fodder.

Here's the list:

Mougey, the 233 lb WR defenately sounds intriguing. I wonder if he can catch the ball going over the middle? TE or H-back is certainly a possibility.

I saw Valdez in a game and he looks like he could be a contributer. Big road-grader type. Not too different from Dahl.

Wonder if Wilson is being brought in to push Shockly? Wilson is certainly more of a drop back passer like Ryan than Shock.

Wilson is a camp body... Nothing more, nothing less...

Wilson is a camp body... Nothing more, nothing less...

Not that I'm comparing, but I'm sure someone said that about Brady, too. And Unitas, and Warner, etc. Don't be so quick to write people off.

Parker certainly has issues, but he could very well make the team. Shockley is just terrible throwing the football.

Not that I'm comparing, but I'm sure someone said that about Brady, too. And Unitas, and Warner, etc. Don't be so quick to write people off.

Parker certainly has issues, but he could very well make the team. Shockley is just terrible throwing the football.

What did you base that statement off of?

Over a decade of playing football and 20/20 vision.

Hilarious... But let's take a better look...

JP Wilson's senior year... 58% completion percentage... 2243 yards, 9TDs and 7ints...

DJ's senior year... 56% completion percentage... 2588 yards, 24TDs and 5ints... (I'll leave out the rushing stats)

In other words, time for some glasses Troy...

Hilarious... But let's take a better look...

JP Wilson's senior year... 58% completion percentage... 2243 yards, 9TDs and 7ints...

DJ's senior year... 56% completion percentage... 2588 yards, 24TDs and 5ints... (I'll leave out the rushing stats)

In other words, time for some glasses Troy...

None of that has anything to do with pro football. Also, Georgia, with Shockley, didn't run for over 2,000 yds on the ground like Bama. And they weren't ranked #1 for much of the year and taking people's best shots. Parker has a more NFL like throwing motion as well, and he started for 3 years.

There is a reason he doesn't play. Someone else would have wanted him by now if he could.

Here's the list:

I have watched Aaron Kelly play extensively for Clemson. His mistake was not coming out after his junior year when he had 88 catches and 11 TD's. He would've likely been a mid-to-late round choice last year. He's a big sure-handed possession receiver like Brian Finneran. He probably would need to put on 15 lbs of bulk to be a short yardage guy in the NFL. Maybe Kelly could sit on the practice squad and replace Finneran eventually.

None of that has anything to do with pro football. Also, Georgia, with Shockley, didn't run for over 2,000 yds on the ground like Bama. And they weren't ranked #1 for much of the year and taking people's best shots. Parker has a more NFL like throwing motion as well, and he started for 3 years.

There is a reason he doesn't play. Someone else would have wanted him by now if he could.

What has JP done in the NFL that warrants your praise? Also, Georgia, with Shockley DID rush for over 2000 yards on the ground that year... And they weren't ranked #1, but were very close (finished #2 or 3)... Also they won the SEC Championship that year, unlike JPW and Bama did this past season... NFL throwing like motion... You're really grasping Troy... But you are right that he hasn't played for a reason... That reason is known as Matt Ryan...

Edited by TheTrueSiete

What has JP done in the NFL that warrants your praise? Also, Georgia, with Shockley DID rush for over 2000 yards on the ground that year... And they weren't ranked #1, but were very close (finished #2 or 3)... Also they won the SEC Championship that year, unlike JPW and Bama did this past season... NFL throwing like motion... You're really grasping Troy... But you are right that he hasn't played for a reason... That reason is known as Matt Ryan...

I'm not praising Parker, but he did start for 3 years and he throws a solid football, machanics- wise. He drops his shoulder and slings too much, but that can be corrected. That's not grasping, that's understanding. Mechanics generally play a large role.

Did two different Falcons regimes say" We're not going to play this guy on the chance we get this sophmore from BC in a few years"? No. If you can't pass Joey Harrington and Chris Redman, who was out of football for two years, you aren't going to start over anyone.

This guy is 6'5''. I don't care how slow he is, how was he not drafted ?

ajc.com > Sports > Falcons

Falcons sign Kelly, Wilson, 8 others

By D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

FLOWERY BRANCH — Aaron Kelly, the Atlantic Coast Conference’s all-time reception leader and graduate of Walton High in Marietta, heads a list of 10 undrafted rookie free agents signed by the Falcons on Tuesday.

John Parker Wilson, a three-year starter at quarterback for Alabama, was also signed. The other rookie signees included wide receiver Darren Mougey (San Diego State), defensive end Maurice Lucas (Colorado), long snapper Robert Shiver (Auburn), offensive lineman Ryan Stanchek (West Virginia), offensive lineman Jose Valdez (Arkansas), linebacker Derek Nicholson (Florida State), punter/kicker Robbie Dehaze (Northern Arizona) and linebacker Brock Christopher (Missouri).

The Falcons also released veteran defensive lineman Simon Fraser and Kindal Moorehead, who played last season. They waived offseason pickups defensive back Darius Vinnetts, offensive lineman Nathan Bennett and wide receiver Troy Bergeron.

Kelly had 232 catches during his career and also held the school record for career touchdown receptions with 20.

Edited by coachx

I'm not praising Parker, but he did start for 3 years and he throws a solid football, machanics- wise. He drops his shoulder and slings too much, but that can be corrected. That's not grasping, that's understanding. Mechanics generally play a large role.

Did two different Falcons regimes say" We're not going to play this guy on the chance we get this sophmore from BC in a few years"? No. If you can't pass Joey Harrington and Chris Redman, who was out of football for two years, you aren't going to start over anyone.

You state that "he throws a solid football, machanics- wise" and then say "He drops his shoulder and slings too much, but that can be corrected"... Contradicting statements don't you think... If you remember correctly, he got injured during a preseason game when the job was "up for grabs"... And didn't Joey get cut? And DJ hasn't... That should be all the evidence you need that DJ is better than Joey... Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Redman is let go and DJ moves to #2 (Redman was picked up by Quitrino for his regime, remember)... That is if Parker makes it, which is quite a big if...

Edited by TheTrueSiete

John Parker Wison is just a tackling dummy and a guy to throw some interceptions to our new secondary players to build their confidence.

Hawk88