• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Casspi

Hawk88

I am for drafting Casspi at 19 so that we can let Marvin walk or trade him. I think we need to upgrade the SF position and a big and a pg are probably longshots for us at 19.

Hawk88

If we need an upgrade at SF, why get rid of Marvin and draft Casspi?

I am for drafting Casspi at 19 so that we can let Marvin walk or trade him. I think we need to upgrade the SF position and a big and a pg are probably longshots for us at 19.

Hawk88

Casspi doesn't create his own shot, and has a Childress-esque low release on his jumper. Bad pick IMO.

If we need an upgrade at SF, why get rid of Marvin and draft Casspi?

i get the same feeling. casspi could be good (i can't say i've ever seen him play, though), but it doesn't seem from stuff i've read about him that he has any more upside or immediate impact that marvin has at the moment.

the thing that would concern me the most about drafting him would be his contract situation with his current team. i read within the last month or so that it's not guarenteed that he would play in the nba even if he gets drafted. it would save the hawks some dough if they couldn't get him signed, but i'd be pissed if they basically wasted their 1st round pick on a player that doesn't play here.