• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague talks about being drafted. Says he will be best PG years from now

Plainview1981

Flip seems gone to me. Bibby could very well be back, IMO. Bibby offers different advantages to Teague and Crawford. (Flip doesn't offer anything they can't do).

I think Bibby is gone and Flip will be back. It will probably we Crawford/JJ to start the season Flip will be the backup PG and if Teague develops quickly he could move Crawford to the bench to backup JJ.

• Moderators

What does Flip do that Crawford and Teague don't? We should try to acquire Steve Blake or Ramon Sessions or someone who doesn't look for their own shot first as our additional guard, IMO. Crawford will definitely look to shoot. Flip sure as heck isn't a PG and chucks like crazy. Teague's college numbers show he is in the same mold - good iso scorer but not someone who promotes ball movement.

Considering that Rick Sund has already said that Mike Woodson will have a big say in personnel decisions, I think Mike Bibby will be back. Mike Woodson knows this team is going to take a step back if Mike Bibby is allowed to leave. Say what you want about his defense, but Mike Bibby stabilized this position for the Hawks and is coming off one of his best shooting performances in a season. He and Joe Johnson play very well off each other, particularly in Woody's guard oriented offense.

Also, consider the fact that Jamal Crawford is no more of a point guard than Flip Murray is. He's a combo guard that can handle the basketball and make good passes at time, but his mindset is that of a scorer and shooter. He will be in the Flip Murray role, IMO. As a point guard, he's nowhere near Mike Bibby. Also, it would be foolish to count on a rookie combo guard to come in and start at the point guard position. Jeff Teague, no matter how good some think he will be, needs to be eased into his role. Personally, I'm not convinced that Teague is a starter long term. I see him as a player that is similar to Jason Terry in many ways. I feel Terry is more of a catch and shoot guy who is perimeter oriented while Teague is more apt to penetrate into the lane, but they are similar in their size and style overall. Jason Terry would probably be a good fit alongside a shooting guard like Joe Johnson, who isn't your typical shooting guard, so the possibility exists that Jeff Teague could be a starter at some point if Joe Johnson is still at shooting guard. However, if the Hawks lose Joe Johnson down the road and go with a more traditional shooting guard who is less of a facilitator than Joe is, then Jeff Teague isn't such a great fit. A guy like Eric Maynor would have been a better fit in that situation. As long as Joe is around though, Jeff Teague has a chance to be the point guard for the Hawks, but I think he will be groomed behind Mike Bibby.

Flip seems gone to me. Bibby could very well be back, IMO. Bibby offers different advantages to Teague and Crawford. (Flip doesn't offer anything they can't do).

Not to mention who would you rather have our rookie PG learning from? Flip or Bibby?

When you consider his reach. His height. His speed. His ability to shoot. He is going to be better than those guys too.

Good point...I agree all around. He could very well be the best PG and the steal of this draft. :beer:

What does Flip do that Crawford and Teague don't? We should try to acquire Steve Blake or Ramon Sessions or someone who doesn't look for their own shot first as our additional guard, IMO. Crawford will definitely look to shoot. Flip sure as heck isn't a PG and chucks like crazy. Teague's college numbers show he is in the same mold - good iso scorer but not someone who promotes ball movement.

I think Woody likes Flip...Flip even played minutes at the end of season (end of games) in place of Bibby and Flip is cheaper.

I think Flip stays....he and Crawford are our PGs until Teague figures it out....I am not sure if the is the way to go..but I just don't think they pay Bibby or get into a bidding war for another PG.

More pressing is our big situation...if ZZ does not come back, we will need at least two quality bigs,

I think Woody likes Flip...Flip even played minutes at the end of season (end of games) in place of Bibby and Flip is cheaper.

I think Flip stays....he and Crawford are our PGs until Teague figures it out....I am not sure if the is the way to go..but I just don't think they pay Bibby or get into a bidding war for another PG.

More pressing is our big situation...if ZZ does not come back, we will need at least two quality bigs,

I have no doubt Woody likes Flip. Other than JJ, he's the only guy that could create his own shot consistently. In other words, he bails, or bailed, Woody out with scoring on his own in our non-existent O. Flip got crunch time minutes over Bibs for that very reason.

Flip, Crawford, JJ, Teague. I mean, scorers are a priority...duh, but scorers can be formed within an offense. People like Rip become scorers within an offense. Our dude's our scorers from the playground (save JJ), but he is forced into the role he has. A bunch of one on one players is a disaster waiting to happen. Jealousy, bad shot selection, obvious selfishness. We're not even considering the effect these four will have on Smoove...I love our team on paper, but Woody HAS to get something in their heads that resembles an effective way to share the ball and score. Getting easy lay-ups in the half court makes everyone happy.

One quality big is hard to come by now, let alone two. Getting Zaza back is a more important issue to this team than I think people realize.