• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague talks about being drafted. Says he will be best PG years from now

Plainview1981

I like that he's got a chip on his shoulder... He got passed by 7 pg's....

P.S Acie couldn't shoot and that's what will haunt him in the Nba... His shooting form sucks also...

Wow, did he just try to compliment the team by saying that he uses them on Nba live.......if so, its a double fail: 2k is better, and that compliment was just flat out stupid.

I don't get it, but i do agree 2k is better...

I like that he's got a chip on his shoulder... He got passed by 7 pg's....

P.S Acie couldn't shoot and that's what will haunt him in the Nba... His shooting form sucks also...

I don't get it, but i do agree 2k is better...

The only thing that he said about the hawks is about how he dominates with Joe, Al, and Smith on a video game, that isnt the tad bit funny?

Four keys to Teague being more than just a backup PG for us and eventually realizing his title as "PG of the future:"

1) He better learn to stroke it out there when called upon, because Acie's shot was broken (and he was timid)

2) He better learn to play at least average defense because we all know how Woodson feels about defense

3) He better cut down on rookie mistakes...because Woodson doesnt like to give young PGs much of a leash

4) Be more of a distributor in addition to his slashing and scoring ways

If he can do develop these things in a hurry, he will stick here. If not, he won't live up to the hype (or at least what many of us would like him to become).

“But the way we ended the season, it was hard to evaluate our team. So to bring all of those guys back and give it another shot means a lot to me, because with a healthy team we would challenge Cleveland with the way played this season.”

Is it me, or does that sound like Woodson really wants Mike Bibby back? I know he constantly said during the season that having a veteran point guard like Mike Bibby was very important to him. This is kind of off-topic, but do you guys think we have any chance of getting Bibby back? Do you guys even want him back?

“But the way we ended the season, it was hard to evaluate our team. So to bring all of those guys back and give it another shot means a lot to me, because with a healthy team we would challenge Cleveland with the way played this season.”

Is it me, or does that sound like Woodson really wants Mike Bibby back? I know he constantly said during the season that having a veteran point guard like Mike Bibby was very important to him. This is kind of off-topic, but do you guys think we have any chance of getting Bibby back? Do you guys even want him back?

Yea the AJC articles have me almost certain that they want Bibby back. Both Crawford and now Teague are just insurance against any ridiculous contract demands Bibby may make. That reported 7million may be the line in the sand for Bibby, If he asks for more we either stand pat or go elsewhere but clearly they want him back only reasonably.

• Premium Member
Wow, did he just try to compliment the team by saying that he uses them on Nba live.......if so, its a double fail: 2k is better, and that compliment was just flat out stupid.

Teague said he’s already familiar with the Hawks, having used them regularly on the NBA Live video game.

“I play the video game a lot, and that’s who I roll with, the Atlanta Hawks,” Teague said. “Joe Johnson, that’s my guy. Every time I give him the ball he scores. Josh Smith is an exciting player, and Al Horford inside.

“When the Hawks said my name, it was a great feeling. I feel like it’s a great opportunity for me. I just have to come in, work hard and show that I can run the team.”

Yes.. He did. He was serious.... and I'm laughing.

This kid is going to be great!

I've been disecting everything about him since we drafted him...Sund did a great job. He was down to 2 choices him or Maynor..I'm definitely glad we went with Teague. I think he will be our starting point guard a lot quicker than many people think even though he's a young guy. Again, simply LOVE this pick

I will go as far as to say that I would rather have Teague than almost any of the point guards outside of the top 10.

The only ones that I would pick over Teague are Rubio, Flynn, and Curry.

• Premium Member
I've been disecting everything about him since we drafted him...Sund did a great job. He was down to 2 choices him or Maynor..I'm definitely glad we went with Teague. I think he will be our starting point guard a lot quicker than many people think even though he's a young guy. Again, simply LOVE this pick

I will go as far as to say that I would rather have Teague than almost any of the point guards outside of the top 10.

The only ones that I would pick over Teague are Rubio, Flynn, and Curry.

When you consider his reach. His height. His speed. His ability to shoot. He is going to be better than those guys too.

When you consider his reach. His height. His speed. His ability to shoot. He is going to be better than those guys too.

Good points.

I love Teague's natural aggression. He will not be able to stop himself from making an impact with that agression of his. Plenty of talented players waist their talent b/c they are not aggresive enough to take advantage of what they have (Acie Law is a prime example.)

Good points.

I love Teague's natural aggression. He will not be able to stop himself from making an impact with that agression of his. Plenty of talented players waist their talent b/c they are not aggresive enough to take advantage of what they have (Acie Law is a prime example.)

yeah let's wait and see if he still has that agression after woody gets a hold to him. it's easy to say all these things before he even plays a second as a hawk, heck just a second in the nba period. nobody that took and made the shots acie made in college lacks agression.

Edited by Cwell

The more I think about this, the less chance I think there is of Bibby returning to the Hawks. Teague has to be given a chance to play. Sund already said that signing Murry slowed Acie's development. So, why would do the same thing to Teague?

It is going to be very interesting to see how this plays out between Woodson and Sund. Will the ASG step in again when Sund tries to can Woody for not playing Teague? Will Sund give into Woodson, sign Bibby, and let Teague grow moss for his first NBA season?

Interesting drama being played out.

Acie probably said the same thing. I guess the difference is they'll have no choice but to play him.

Acie played like he was afraid to try to take guys off the dribble. It's weird because he was actually good at it, but he would often shy away from it.

Teague is a guy who should not have that problem at all