We got the best point in the draft.......

Ruckus

Why is everyone so negative about our pick. First off Lawson wasnt available and second Teague has more potential than Lawson. Blessing in disguise. Teague will be our starting PG by mid season even if we resign Bibby. He will blossom like Bradon Roy did. Watch......

I keep hearing the same things. This is exactly what I heard when Acie Law was drafted too. Teague was #3 on my draft board behidn Lawson. I think you're hearing it wrong: people are disappointed that Lawson went [unnecessarily] RIGHT before us. But they are overall happy with the pick, although Teague is kind of tarnished because of that.

But anyways, like I said, I hear the same s*** every time. So until I see that Woodson plays Teague and Teague performs, I'm not going to be that high on Teague. Still happy with the pick though, just not expecting as much as you're saying...

Edited by Libid21

Why is everyone so negative about our pick. First off Lawson wasnt available and second Teague has more potential than Lawson. Blessing in disguise. Teague will be our starting PG by mid season even if we resign Bibby. He will blossom like Bradon Roy did. Watch......

hahahhahahahahaaha

Even if Bibs got hurt there's a pretty good chance Woody would move Crawford to starting PG instead of Teague.

I think he'll 'blossom' too but not in his first year. Would be awesome if he proved me wrong though.

People need to stop seeing Teague as a PG. He's a combo guard like Leandro Barbosa.

My thoughts too.

If he becomes a PG..........Then great ! I just don't expect it.

That is knock on Teague, he should be a very good player like Barbosa and Terry who can give you solid minutes at "PG" with a guy like JJ next to them.

Edited by coachx

My thoughts too.

If he becomes a PG..........Then great ! I just don't expect it.

That is knock on Teague, he should be a very good player like Barbosa and Terry who can give you solid minutes at "PG" with a guy like JJ next to them.

That how I see him too and we could certainly use Barbosa or Terry on this team. If he becomes one of those guys, he will help us a lot. If he becomes Devin Harris, even better. I would have preferred Lawson too but it is certainly possible that Teague ends up being the better player and I'm happy with the pick based on who was left on the board. He certainly got the best of Lawson in their head to head matchup last year. I'm just glad we didn't go with Mullens. He might turn out great but he has a LONG way to go just to be as good as Randolph Morris, let alone Solo. You think Morris would have come off the bench at Ohio State and averaged only 8 and 4?

Teague's stats are similar to Ben Gordon's from his sophomore year. (Worse A:TO, though).

He's a combo through and through.

The question will remain can Teague make other players better with his passing? This team needs a pass first point who can make the tough passes an Woody needs to open the offense up so the front line becomes central in scoring. You don't win in the playoffs with outside shooting has the main source of attack.

I don't even care that he isn't a pure pg since a Woody offense has no use for a pure pg anyway. I just hope he can defend quick pgs, make shots, and not make too many dumb turnovers. The last one is probably just wishful thinking.

I agree he is a combo guard but, assuming he can play defense which I believe he will, I think his offensive fire that he will bring will overshadow his passer inadequacies. Plus the dude can pass- he tore up the ACC all season until the end.

Also, it is important to point out that Flynn, Holiday and Law all came with risks as well. And Rubio might not play at all. I'm loving this pick. And not resigning Woody yet means to me he almost has to give the guy a chance....at least. Maybe.....Ok maybe not.....haha (it is woody we are talking about).