• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

David Andersen

DeacKillsaDevil

I just had a chance to ask a basketball writer about David Andersen and asked him about his reputation for being soft. This is his response.

"Hmm, it depends. You know how when guys are motivated enough they'll lock you down or score like 30pts in a half type thing?

Andersen is a bit weird like that defensively. Just.. mental lapses or focus. He's soft as in will kinda get bullied in the post by a guy like Boozer or Scola. I put him on the Bosh/2009 Pau type of aggression/softness (if ... Read Morethat makes sense). Not Dirk-soft though.

Still, he tried to have a fight with 'Melo and Bron in the pre-Olympics game in Shanghai, so theres that.

ps im not too sure if I answered the question haha."

"I put him on the Bosh/2009 Pau type of aggression/softness"

I'll take that. He just has to do his part and that will add a dimension to our team.

I've always thought that Zaza seemed pretty soft coming to the Hawks, and his development into our player most resembling a goon is one of the few things for which I give Woodson credit. Maybe he can work some magic w/ Andersen? We don't know what kind of player Andersen was asked to be in his system, really.

And even if Andersen never shows the grit we need from our bigs, he at least gives us new looks to throw out there on offense. It's valuable to have a PF that can nail a 3.

Andersen can do more than just hit a three. He's a big seven footer, has post moves, very strong on the pick and roll, not a great rebounder, but will get his.

Horf / Smoove / Andersen / Zaza porbably won't win a championship, but the Hawks will be better with Andersen. Crawford will help too.

I could care less if he is considered soft. I don't think anyone is asking this guy to come in and be a starting center for the Hawks or even getting 30 minutes a night. What I do feel is that David brings something no other big man on this team brings to the table....the ability to hit the open 18 foot jumper. Having that style of big man will allow the Hawks to run more pick and roll and pick and pop plays with Mike Bibby.

I could care less if he is considered soft. I don't think anyone is asking this guy to come in and be a starting center for the Hawks or even getting 30 minutes a night. What I do feel is that David brings something no other big man on this team brings to the table....the ability to hit the open 18 foot jumper. Having that style of big man will allow the Hawks to run more pick and roll and pick and pop plays with Mike Bibby.

Exactly. Andersen might be the most deficient big we have in terms of rebounding defense, but he's got a more developed post and mid range game offensively than anyone on our current roster.

And even if Andersen never shows the grit we need from our bigs, he at least gives us new looks to throw out there on offense. It's valuable to have a PF that can nail a 3.

you mean, not just having a PF who "thinks" he can nail a 3?

he would give a new dimension similar to the magic throwing lewis and turk jacking threes over anyone else guarding them.

Still, he tried to have a fight with 'Melo and Bron in the pre-Olympics game in Shanghai, so theres that.

I did not know this. I like this guy more and more. Him with Zaza would be a good blend as BUs.

2nd Squad....

Teague, Crawford, Mo, DA, Zaza.....

I think if you replace Mo with Chillz this is arguably one of the best 2nd teams in the league. Assuming Teague develops which I believe he will.