• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anderson Varejao gets a new deal

He gives them about the same as ZaZa gives us. He is more athletic tahn Zaza but not 30 million dollars more athletic. lmfao Its a very bad contract. I will say this, they have Shaq, Z and now Varejao back. We need another big or two just to keep up. Anderson and maybe a Wilcox or Kurt Thomas, Amir Johnson in a Chills trade. Al and Zaza are our only real nba bigs.

Edited by NJHAWK

Is it just me or is this a bad contract?

It is definitely bad, but they feel that in order to keep Lebron they need to get better or at least maintain. I think if Varejao were not happy, he would have held out. I don't think he jumps ship because I don't think any other team gives him that type of money. To be honest, he is not as talented as other starting power forwards in this league, but he is getting starting PF kind of money.

Also, like many analysts have said, without Lebron this team is awful. So why does Cleveland pay so much for awful.

Lebron advocated for Andy to get paid because that's his buddy. Other than that Varejao is a markedly better defender (read:flopper) than Zaza and add that he starts, thats enough to add extra mills. I still think he should have gotten a mill less but hey it's their money.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4315370

I don't know, but I've never liked AV! He ain't got much of an offensive game and league officials are sick & tired of his defensive flopping and crying... I think it's a bad deal for Cavs, but good for us!!!

P.S. It's just too much money for a bench player, who will average 6-8 ppg and 6-7 rpg...

• Admin
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4315370

He is a solid player but they way overpaid him. Reminds me of when teams were all scrambling to overpay Chandler, Brown, Curry and Dalembert. Everyone of those guys got large contracts and every team that signed them regrets it now. The Cavs will regret giving him such a large contract too.