• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Jamal Crawford Interview

GameTime

• Admin

Not really. If you do the math, Jamal Crawford is nearly 2:1. While Flip Murray is nearly 1:1. The point I was making is..Flip is a blackhole on offense. At least Jamal Crawford will pass the ball instead of dropping it out of bounds.

Crawford is respected league wide for his offense. Flip is a good scorer but he is not going to command the attention that Jamal is going to.

Yeah, the thing about Crawford is how can you realistically expect much more out of him than Flip provided last year? I'm not saying that Crawford won't be as good as Flip this year because Flip played out of his mind, but I don't see much improvement (if any) at the position of 6th man, and Crawford costs a lot more.

Well Crawford is flat out a better and more productive player. I dont know how you would come to the conclusion that they were even on the same level. Flip was a 20 mpg player while Crawford will get 30+ mpg and be on the floor at the end of games.Crawford will probably get all star attention even as a 6th man and is another player like Joe who you can put the ball in his hands and he can make a play for someone else . Not to mention teams wont leave him to double because as someone said hes respected around the league and when he gets it going you have to double him . If Joe and Bibby are off he can come in and carry the offense both in scoring and passing and can hurt teams when they decide to double Joe .

Flip was great but him and crawford are totally different players in reference to their ability impact the game

Not really. If you do the math, Jamal Crawford is nearly 2:1. While Flip Murray is nearly 1:1. The point I was making is..Flip is a blackhole on offense. At least Jamal Crawford will pass the ball instead of dropping it out of bounds.

LOL, "If you do the math." I'm ok with the math, but if you think that difference in turnover ratio makes up for the fact that Flip actually had better offensive numbers per minute, and was less turnover prone in the second half of the season when he was actually really good, then I don't know what to tell you.

And calling Flip a black hole and then praising Crawford is kind of hilarious. You ever seen the guy play? Not to mention the fact that our entire offense operates as a series of black holes. That's just the nature of the beast.

Edited by thefloydian

Well Crawford is flat out a better and more productive player. I dont know how you would come to the conclusion that they were even on the same level.

Yeah, I don't know who could possibly come to that conclusion either. That's why no one did. What I did say was that Flip's year last year approached Crawford's career numbers. Get it now?

Everyone here can hope that Crawford outplays his career stats next year, and I'll be right there with you, but it's far from a sure thing that Crawford outperforms Flip's year last year given his career numbers.

If you guys are incapable or just don't want to respond to the point I'm actually making, then please don't bother responding at all because I'm tired of beating this same thing into the ground.

Edited by thefloydian

It looks like the consensus is that Jamal Crawford is the better player. It's probably why he's played starter minutes wherever he went, and Flip has been a career journeyman. You are looking too hard at the numbers, man. The bottom line is Crawford is the better player. He's the better shooter. He's scored more points. He's the better passer.

Edited by EazyRoc

Yeah, I don't know who could possibly come to that conclusion either. That's why no one did. What I did say was that Flip's year last year approached Crawford's career numbers. Get it now?

Everyone here can hope that Crawford outplays his career stats next year, and I'll be right there with you, but it's far from a sure thing that Crawford outperforms Flip's year last year given his career numbers.

If you guys are incapable or just don't want to respond to the point I'm actually making, then please don't bother responding at all because I'm tired of beating this same thing into the ground.

I get exactly what you are doing and either you dont understand your own point or you are slanting your argument and ignoring the obvious .

Crawford is averaging 18 ppg over the past 6 years while his career numbers are 15 ppg . So because Flip approached Crawfords career numbers but are nowhere near the actual level Crawfords been playing at he last 6 years that somehow everyone else is hoping that Crawford plays DOWN to his career numbers in hopes of being better or at least as good as Flip?

Secondly you ignore the game outside of the numbers and the actual abilities and impact each player has on the game . You are arguing numbers per minute well the one time Flip was actually given starters minutes with the Cavs (36mpg) the numbers didnt increase which is why you just cant look at stats and extrapolate that hey if he had more minutes he would produce more

Flip numbers

2003-2004 (Sea)

24 mpg 12 pts 2 assists 2 rebs

2005-2006 (Cavs)

36 mpg 13 pts 2 assists 2 rebs

2008-2009 (atl)

25 mpg 12 pts 2 assists 2 rebs

The fact is that regardless of minutes Flips production is gonna be the same what he did with us was not increase his production but his efficiency but that is because of the lowering of expectations .

Crawford immediately makes us a better ft shooting team ,a better three point shooting team , a better passing team ,a more versatile team, and a much better 4th quarter team.

Flip was great last year in his role BUT he exceeded expectations because we had such low expectations to begin with . We should probably stop saying Crawford is gonna be in Flips role because Crawfords role will be much larger than Flips was .

I get exactly what you are doing and either you dont understand your own point or you are slanting your argument and ignoring the obvious .

Crawford is averaging 18 ppg over the past 6 years while his career numbers are 15 ppg . So because Flip approached Crawfords career numbers but are nowhere near the actual level Crawfords been playing at he last 6 years that somehow everyone else is hoping that Crawford plays DOWN to his career numbers in hopes of being better or at least as good as Flip?

Secondly you ignore the game outside of the numbers and the actual abilities and impact each player has on the game . You are arguing numbers per minute well the one time Flip was actually given starters minutes with the Cavs (36mpg) the numbers didnt increase which is why you just cant look at stats and extrapolate that hey if he had more minutes he would produce more

Flip numbers

2003-2004 (Sea)

24 mpg 12 pts 2 assists 2 rebs

2005-2006 (Cavs)

36 mpg 13 pts 2 assists 2 rebs

2008-2009 (atl)

25 mpg 12 pts 2 assists 2 rebs

The fact is that regardless of minutes Flips production is gonna be the same what he did with us was not increase his production but his efficiency but that is because of the lowering of expectations .

Crawford immediately makes us a better ft shooting team ,a better three point shooting team , a better passing team ,a more versatile team, and a much better 4th quarter team.

Flip was great last year in his role BUT he exceeded expectations because we had such low expectations to begin with . We should probably stop saying Crawford is gonna be in Flips role because Crawfords role will be much larger than Flips was .

I have to agree that Crawford offers us more than flip because i think we will be able to pull Joe off the court and keep him much fresher than last year...we would never pull Joe off unless he was so gassed he was useless....hopefully having Crawford on the bench will help Joe play less MPG and not be so broken down that he cant drive to the basket...if Crawford allows Joe to get to the rim more by keeping him fresh and brings Joe's FTA per game up on par with other all stars its an upgrade right there...also he gives us an undeniable guy off the bench to run the offense through...hopefully he recognize if hes out there with the starters he doesnt have to be a volume shooter...he has always been the 1 or 2 option on bad teams so as smart as he seems he should recognize the change in those roles.

I can pretty much guarantee Crawford will have better numbers than Flip Murray. Why? Because Crawford will definitely have more minutes. He will be our 6th man but I see him playing 30 minute games ah la Manu Ginobili. I understand what you guys are saying by comparing stats, but it's gonna be a whole different ball game with Crawford here in Flips place.