• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

3 small moves would make us #3 seed?

wolvetigers

Hawks had a pretty decent offseason for once. We acquired Jamal Crawford who should immediately take some pressure off Joe in the backcourt, drafted Teague which hopefully can provide a spark off the bench and hopefully grow into our pg of the future. However other teams have made sizable moves...Boston, Cleveland got bigger and stronger and Orlando just got more versatile with Carter. And with the rumors of Miami getting Boozer the race for the top 4 spots have become a battle.

Ok so we know Boston and Cavs are locks for the first two spots...

#1) Boston

#2) Cavs

but the 3 to 5 range is definitely up for grabs and well in reach for the Hawks IF we Get a Veteran to provide some leadership and some more big men to add bulk to our roster.

Move #1

Trade: Maurice Evans, Randolph Morris to Milwaukee for Bruce Bowen

WHY: Bowen plays great defense, has experience that could mentor Marvin Williams and maybe rub off on Josh Smith...

Move # 2

Sign:

Siler - this kid has the size to bang round underneath the basket. A old school bruiser and thats what we need.

Joe Smith: This provides some basic insurance and could add say 5- 7ppg off the bench and maybe a few rebounds.

Move #3

The last signee would be Big Baby. We need more pounds down low to bang with Shaq, Dwight Howard and the rest of those teams.

Woodson could actually run two Squads

A Squad

Bibby

Joe

Marvin

Smoove

Horford

B Squad

Teague

Crawford

Bowen

Big Baby - - Joe Smith

Zaza - - Siler

Woody would have no more excuses....this is a solid #3 seed team.

Edited by wolvetigers

Nelson

VC

Pietrus

Lewis

Howard

matt barnes off bench...sorry sir hawks fail at #3 and i'm sure orlando isn't done with their team yet. and get this siler guy out of here geez. you only saw like 5 highlights of the guy and he was playing against that very boring looking guy. Until he plays against bonifide nba talent leave it alone

I like Big Baby's game a lot but don't know how in the hell we can make the cap room to sign him....And I like all the moves; but don't think it gives us the three spot. It does make us very competitive to be in the hunt for 4th again.

Edited by Buzzard

matt barnes off bench...sorry sir hawks fail at #3 and i'm sure orlando isn't done with their team yet.

Orlando's team changed significantly this year...they do not have the 3 seed wrapped up by any means. The guy that handled the ball the most during their playoff run is gone. Orlando may get into the top 3, but it will be with a different overall formula and that makes things somewhat risky in their situation.

Ok so we know Boston and Cavs are locks for the first two spots...

According to who?

The Magic went to the finals last year and this off season have added Carter as a replacement to Turk, Brandon Bass and Matt Barnes. What else does it take to be in the conversation for the #1 or #2 seeds?

At the absolute minimum they would basically lock up the #3 spot

1st Unit:

Nelson

Carter

Pietrus

Lewis

Howard

2nd Unit:

C.J. Waston (Or some other backup pg they will resign this offseason. do they still have AJ?)

Reddick

Barnes

Bass

Gortat

Edited by thefloydian

I would say Orlando is a lock for a top 2 seed even if they are faced with a major injury. They proved it last year and have even better depth this year. Our best chance at a 3rd seed is if there's any injury caused by the natural progression of age in Boston or the two big egos clash in Cleveland. I guess we also have to hold off Washington as they are the only team behind us that actually improved this offseason.