• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA's most overrated players

• Premium Member

That's a further indictment of him. Being the best player on the floor in the 4th quarter, talking all game, being paid to be the man, and you are passing the ball off to Erving Johnson or some scrub. When you can't pass the ball you are choking on your jumpshot, bricking a freethrow, dissapearing into yourself. It's even more evident because of how boisterous he is when winning but once the table turns he's sulking into himself and crying rather than stepping up like he's been saying to do all game long. That my friend is why he is overrated, he's a tough guy on the court clapping, yelling and cursing at his opponents trying to punk the likes of Tim Duncan, a guy who no matter what is fully reserved. We all say what happened when he thought he could do the same and get away with our resident Euro, how did that end up for KG? Not as soft as the stereotype would suggest huh? He's given titles like the "ultimate warrior" "all heart", these were all admirable traits when he was crying in a John Thompson interview about how he couldn't take all the losing and we all felt sympathy for him considering the cold, poorly run market and franchise he was playing for but then he get's thrown into a winning situation and what do we see? His true colors the "frontrunner" as the article says, the guy yelling into Ben Gordon's ear from the bench when his team is up but the first one into the locker room when his team lost. All that heart and intensity just turned into false bravado and immaturity and his numbers relfected it.

You're expecting superman aren't you?

At one point, KG was known as 20, 12, and 6 in Minny. However, when you have NO HELP. IN the clutch, defenses focus on you. No one person can take that. Pierce couldn't take it in Boston (with Jefferson). Allen couldn't take it in Seattle. and KG couldn't take it in Minny. Neither Shaq nor Kobe could take it alone. There are a lot of allstar players who can't handle playing against a 5 man defensive team when they have very little help.

About him personally. I don't think going to Boston changed KG. KG was that same guy in Minny. He talked all game in Minny. He cussed people out all day long in Minny. He pulled back his jersey to show his heart in Minny. The difference is that now it means something because he wins. Now people take note because he's in a bigger market.

• Premium Member

Nope. I felt he "deserved" one MVP simply because that award is based off how much your team wins and the fact their record improved so much when he got there but back to back MVPs? I was half accepting one now they are going to hit me up with 2? And now all of a sudden at the age of 31 or so and he magically becomes a lock for the HOF? Meanwhile his old team is still running off consecutive 50win seasons not to mention 60win seasons without him? Yea overrated indeed, if anything, Dirk has been criminally underrated throughout his career.

He definitely didn't deserve the second one. Shaq was cheated. Shaq averaged 23.0 points, 10.5 rebounds and 2.8 assists and shot 60.1 percent during that season. In Miami, the offense flowed through him. The only reason that Damon Jones got the contract he got was because of Shaq. Nash made his teammates better but his numbers were inflated by the system they played.

Paul is the best PG in the NBA and easily a top 5 player.

I agree he shouldn't have made an all-defensive team, but he's still top 5. Honestly, who is a good man to man PG defender nowadays with the no hand check rule? Rondo constantly lets guys go by him as well. He let Rose abuse him in the playoffs. Gary Payton certainly wouldn't be the glove in today's NBA.

You're expecting superman aren't you?

At one point, KG was known as 20, 12, and 6 in Minny. However, when you have NO HELP. IN the clutch, defenses focus on you. No one person can take that. Pierce couldn't take it in Boston (with Jefferson). Allen couldn't take it in Seattle. and KG couldn't take it in Minny. Neither Shaq nor Kobe could take it alone. There are a lot of allstar players who can't handle playing against a 5 man defensive team when they have very little help.

About him personally. I don't think going to Boston changed KG. KG was that same guy in Minny. He talked all game in Minny. He cussed people out all day long in Minny. He pulled back his jersey to show his heart in Minny. The difference is that now it means something because he wins. Now people take note because he's in a bigger market.

Doesn't matter, everyone else you listed would atleast take that shot in 4th, they wouldn't defer even if they were 4 for 12 they would go down with the ball in their hands. If the best way to win all game was the Big Ticket making it happen why does it all of a sudden change in the 4th? No one questioned him wanting to leave, that's recommended even, but he didn't prove to be the same man that he was always thought to be in those key 4ths where you team expects you to be clutch.

In Minny he was always boisterous, thats his thing, but he was still humble enough in wins because he had tasted the bitterness of defeat countless times. After battling for 48minutes you deserve that cathartic scream. In Boston.....Wow typing this now I find it almost comical that Lebron got so much flack for the dancing and leaving the court early. 2 seasons ago what were Paul, Ray and KG doing with their sychronized dances on the bench? During this season's Bulls series, why was KG no longer on the Boston bench when his team was down in game one? Then to proceed to be talking smack a game after that when the win was in hand? See I always overlooked the 4th quarter flops and big game dissapearances but this last season is what changed it for me. Having a guy in a fine suit talking smack as if it was him that just hit the game winning shot? I mean sure when you are on the court go ahead and talk smack to anybody, the opposing team, the refs, Spike Lee... but when you're not in the game you're no different than any scrub talking smack, you're both firmly placed on the bench.

Doesn't matter, everyone else you listed would atleast take that shot in 4th, they wouldn't defer even if they were 4 for 12 they would go down with the ball in their hands. If the best way to win all game was the Big Ticket making it happen why does it all of a sudden change in the 4th? No one questioned him wanting to leave, that's recommended even, but he didn't prove to be the same man that he was always thought to be in those key 4ths where you team expects you to be clutch.

In Minny he was always boisterous, thats his thing, but he was still humble enough in wins because he had tasted the bitterness of defeat countless times. After battling for 48minutes you deserve that cathartic scream. In Boston.....Wow typing this now I find it almost comical that Lebron got so much flack for the dancing and leaving the court early. 2 seasons ago what were Paul, Ray and KG doing with their sychronized dances on the bench? During this season's Bulls series, why was KG no longer on the Boston bench when his team was down in game one? Then to proceed to be talking smack a game after that when the win was in hand? See I always overlooked the 4th quarter flops and big game dissapearances but this last season is what changed it for me. Having a guy in a fine suit talking smack as if it was him that just hit the game winning shot? I mean sure when you are on the court go ahead and talk smack to anybody, the opposing team, the refs, Spike Lee... but when you're not in the game you're no different than any scrub talking smack, you're both firmly placed on the bench.

I understand you hate KG, but that doesn't make him overrated. It seems like unless everyone is bashing him all the time you won't be happy. The guy has shown every way possible that he is the most important player on the celtics, and his shortcomings (trash talking, offense on 4th quarter) have been brought up by every major publication and every major tv analyst.

Oh, and by the way, Shaq usually didnt even play the last few minutes of most games given how much of a liability he was on the free throw line. And per 82games.com, Garnett had the 8th best fg% in clutch time last season, so if anything he is actually underrated in the clutch.

STEVE NASH IS THE MOST OVERRATED PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE BY FAR and he doesn't even make the list? Come on man!

I understand you hate KG, but that doesn't make him overrated. It seems like unless everyone is bashing him all the time you won't be happy. The guy has shown every way possible that he is the most important player on the celtics, and his shortcomings (trash talking, offense on 4th quarter) have been brought up by every major publication and every major tv analyst.

Oh, and by the way, Shaq usually didnt even play the last few minutes of most games given how much of a liability he was on the free throw line. And per 82games.com, Garnett had the 8th best fg% in clutch time last season, so if anything he is actually underrated in the clutch.

I niether hate nor need everyone to be bashing KG. What I would like to see is Pierce, Ray, and hell even Rondo get their due or as much due as KG does. He's overrated because you and everyone else believe that that team's success lays solely on his shoulders. That team would have been better off if they had just waited a week and picked up Joe Smith rather than resting any hope in Mikki Moore or Stephon Marbury actually contributing for them. We saw how Big Baby stepped up and before he blew out his knee Powe was even better than him. That team without KG or much depth behind him took the eventual EC champs to 7 games yet that get's downplayed because the "consensus" is that team is not going anywhere without KG this season or any season.

I niether hate nor need everyone to be bashing KG. What I would like to see is Pierce, Ray, and hell even Rondo get their due or as much due as KG does. He's overrated because you and everyone else believe that that team's success lays solely on his shoulders. That team would have been better off if they had just waited a week and picked up Joe Smith rather than resting any hope in Mikki Moore or Stephon Marbury actually contributing for them. We saw how Big Baby stepped up and before he blew out his knee Powe was even better than him. That team without KG or much depth behind him took the eventual EC champs to 7 games yet that get's downplayed because the "consensus" is that team is not going anywhere without KG this season or any season.

That team allowed 10 ppg more without KG, and dropped from 1st seed to 4 games out of 1st, going from a winning % of ~80 to about 72. That team utterly demolished Orlando the two times KG was healthy, because KG is the only one of the team that can match up against Lewis.