• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THIS is why I complain about all the action movies being made

Plainview1981

http://www.sceneadvisor.com/arts-entertainment/bad-boys-2-and-rambo-5-are-on-the-way-11533.html

Recently Universal released a statement to the press in which they said that after the failure of movies like Bruno and Public Enemies this summer, they no longer plan on putting as much money into unpredictable box office fair. Apparently in this wonderful world of recession studios are worried that audiences don’t want to see anything other than escapism and have decided to give up on creating big budget art, even when it stars Johnny Depp. It was not a great thing to hear and this morning it’s all too obvious that Hollywood has completely given up on art for a while. It’s sequel city out there. No one with an original idea can even look forward to a pitch meeting these days.

First up we’ve got an announcement that will lead to the existence of the first ever Michael Bay trilogy. That’s right the director whose name is the ultimate punchline for flashy forgettable filmmaking will soon have trilogy special edition box set of DVDs available. Michael Bay will be making Bad Boys 3. Apparently over four hours of Will Smith and Martin Lawrence just isn’t enough for the world. Nope we’re going to need at least one more of those movies.

Thanks dumb escapist Americans. I hate Americans. They're support of garbage has made so near nothing of an actual quality is made.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

http://www.sceneadvi...-way-11533.html

Thanks dumb escapist Americans. I hate Americans. They're support of garbage has made so near nothing of an actual quality is made.

I can't believe that you let something this trivial make you "hate Americans" so perhaps you should go live in Europe then since you hate Americans so much and maybe you'll find plenty of art movies over there to critique.

I can't believe that you let something this trivial make you "hate Americans" so perhaps you should go live in Europe then since you hate Americans so much and maybe you'll find plenty of art movies over there to critique.

I hate Americans because they've messed up movies, music.... I hate Americans cause they line up to support snakelike political figures... Everywhere you go it's right wing this... Tree Hugger that. I hate Americans because they've made places like McDonald's popular. Have you actually seen some the beach whales that walk around the streets? i hate the athletes because all they are is liars, cheats, and druggies. I hate Americans because of all the morons that have children (Like my niece) when they're not ready to have them.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

http://www.sceneadvisor.com/arts-entertainment/bad-boys-2-and-rambo-5-are-on-the-way-11533.html

Actually I think this proves Americans have a brain.

That article basically compares "Bruno" to "art." Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha !

Props to Americans for not paying $10 for a crappy movie like "Bruno !"

I am not an M&M / Eminem (Sp?) fan but he should have kicked Bruno's *ss when he landed on him with his crotch in his face furing that awards show.

The movie "Bruno" is complete garbage in my book for obvious reasons.

I would rather see X-Men 53 or Spiderman 25 over "Bruno" any day of the week !

I would like to see "Public Enemies" even though it got bad reviews and we already know the story line goes and how it ends with him going to prison and then escaping prison to join Baby Faced Nelson's gang, etc. We know Baby Face goes off the deep ends and starts shooting innocent people and such. Its hard to pay $10 bucks for a movie that you already know the true factual story. I often times prefer the true documentaries over the holly-wood versions any way.

I can't wait until 2012 comes out this November. People are a bit spoiled with wanting to see special effect when the go spend $10 (+) for a movie ticket and drop $12 more on popcorn and a Coke.

Edited by coachx

Actually I think this proves Americans have a brain.

That article basically compares "Bruno" to "art." Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha !

Props to Americans for not paying $10 for a crappy movie like "Bruno !"

I am not an M&M / Eminem (Sp?) fan but he should have kicked Bruno's *ss when he landed on him with his crotch in his face furing that awards show.

The movie "Bruno" is complete garbage in my book for obvious reasons.

I would rather see X-Men 53 or Spiderman 25 over "Bruno" any day of the week !

That's not it. What this means is that studio's aren't going to take any risks. Not that they take a lot now to begin with. They know the america people want nothing but to watch dudes with no talent like Martin Lawrence going around pointing a gun in a movie loaded with a lot of fake CGI.

There are a lot bigger problems in the world I know that. But there are a lot of free loading welfare people here that aren't making things any better. There are a lot of factors as to why america is crumbling.

Btw, that Eminem thing at the awards show was staged.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators

Hollywood will follow whatever the latest trend is. If reality movies were hot and making money they would do those until the next Iron Man, Matrix or Bourne movie comes out, sets the world afire, and then becomes a sequal institution itself. Then a movie like Juno, Napoleon Dynamite, Little Miss Sunshine, the Blair Witch Project, etc. will come out with a reasonably small budget and make a ton of money and get studios to open up the check books to smaller scale movies without a built in audience as well.

What did Martin Lawrence ever do to you? The guy is a really good comedian and his show was very entertaining. Excuse everyone for not liking the same things you do. Maybe you'd be happier in China or Iran where they decide what you view?

Good comedian.... Well, I haven't seen his show, but I hope he is a lot better there than he is in the movies he plays in because he's not funny there. Regardless, that doesn't make him a real actor. But heck, they'll throw Britney Spears or Paris Hilton into a movie now.

What if they threw the Hawks out of the league because of poor attendance over the last decade and just said "f*** the few Hawk fans". What if they never gave the Hawks another Tv game because they don't bring in TV ratings? What if they got rid of every team that isn't NY, LA, Boston or some other big market team? The people here frequently get upset because of lack of TV exposure and 'lack of respect". I'm a passionate movie guy, so I get uspet when fast food brain dead action movies basically destroy the chances of movies getting made that I want to see. So I get mad.

Maybe you'd be happier in China or Iran where they decide what you view

Saying "Where still better than everybody else" isn't good. It still doesn't change that Americans like their entertainment as low brow as they can get it.

Edited by Hotlanta1981