• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IT'S REALLY A LIE - - -

Gray Mule

:cant believe:

Our team will be better this year.

Our division will be much stronger this season.

Our conference has improved a lot this year.

Our team expects to move up in the standings.

Our team will be a real force this season.

Who will be saying these things? Every team in the NBA (Or any other sport you can think of)

A High School team might say, " All our starters graduated from last year's team. We can't be as good."

Fans can live with that. They must. Nothing you can do to change the facts.

In the pro sports, however, we never, ever hear a team openly admit, "We're going to be down this season.

We lost some great players who retired and traded others for some young guys. This year's team couldn't

compete with last year's squad."

Always, the positive in every team is pushed to the front. They tell us, "We're better." Sometimes we believe this

and sometimes we really know better. Even then, we still want to believe everything is going to work out.

What's the big lie? That everything, team, division, conference and league is always going to be bigger, better,

faster and stronger this season than it was last season.

Right now, every team can believe. This is the time to look and say, "We are undefeated. We are as good as

the best team in the NBA this season, whoever that is, because, right now, our record is as good as theirs."

Then, the season starts and reality kicks in. But, not now. Now is the time to dream. Time to believe that

everything is wonderful for our favorite team, regardless of where they ended up last season.

The Braves continue to prove that they are a good .500 team. The Atlanta Dream are having a great season.

The Atlanta Falcons have ended pre season. Great offense. Porous defense. Next week, their season opener.

And, just around the corner, pre season for the NBA. Naturally, we have all the goodies listed at the top of this

post. And, we're undefeated!!

:conversation:

• Premium Member

This is a dumb post. Obviously haven't payed much attention this offseason.

Hawkfan, GrayMule is far too gracious to respond, but I would encourage you to read some of his older posts. You'll get a better idea of how to read him.

Plus, we tend to give all posters with 10 grandkids the benefit of the doubt.

This is a dumb post. Obviously haven't payed much attention this offseason.

Dumb? You bet! I'll admit that.

Now that we've established that, just what part of my post do you find so disagreeable?

I don't mind constructive criticism of what I post. Come on. Be specific.

:computer2:

:cant believe:

Our team will be better this year.

Our division will be much stronger this season.

Our conference has improved a lot this year.

Our team expects to move up in the standings.

Our team will be a real force this season.

Who will be saying these things? Every team in the NBA (Or any other sport you can think of)

Very true!! There are teams right now like Bucks, Grizzlies(Who remind me of us not too long ago), Clippers, Thunder, Pacers, Nets and etc. who are all optimistic about their current status. While other teams/people may have doubts they have a strong optimistic belief that with this fresh start they can change their past.