• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeff Teague mini-interview

pimp

By Jeff Lenchiner | Sept. 18, 2009

Jeff Teague interviewAtlanta Hawks rookie Jeff Teague is a scorer in a point guard's body. At least that's how people tend to describe his game. But as he told InsideHoops.com editor Jeff Lenchiner, the kid can do anything you'd want a point guard to do. Selected #19 in the first round of the 2009 NBA Draft, Teague helps add bench depth to Atlanta.

This quick interview was recorded when InsideHoops.com met with Teague in early/mid August. Enjoy it:

InsideHoops.com: What NBA players did your friends used to compare you to these last few years?

Jeff Teague: In high school I wanted to be like Allen Iverson and Gilbert Arenas, scoring guards. Those were my favorite players. But as I got older, a lot of people started calling me Jason Terry, things like that. Those were the comparisons. I just try to play my own game.

InsideHoops.com: Jason Terry is an interesting one, because that's how you've been described, more of a scoring point guard than a regular one. How do you describe your own game?

Teague: I feel like everybody that plays the point guard position in this league has the ability to score, so they can be scoring point guards. In college I had to be a scorer first. But I can play either way. I can be a classic point guard. I can score. I'm just an all-around basketball player.

InsideHoops.com: What's been the highlight of your basketball playing so far? In college, high school, out in the park, anywhere.

Teague: I think I became a YouTube legend off my dunk against Maryland. I had a pretty good dunk against Maryland. I guess that's one of my highlights. But my biggest thing is probably the opportunity to play professional basketball.

InsideHoops.com: Who were your favorite players growing up and a little kid?

Teague: Everybody loves Mike but I was an oddball. Being from Indiana, I went with Larry Bird. He made shots like nobody else could make shots.

InsideHoops.com: Switching to off the court, have a favorite music artist, group?

Teague: I like a little bit of everything. I'm listening to Lil Wayne and Jay-Z right now.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/teague-interview-091809.shtml#ixzz0RTJBMeDd

I will be very dissappointed if that is the type of player he becomes. Undersized shooting guards are a dime a dozen in the NBA. We need a player who can run an offense. If he can't do that then I hope we sign someone who can.

Imagine Flip with better court vision and a willingness to pass the ball when needed!!