• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer of Sund cont...too

Swatguy

Sund so far seems to be up to task, in terms of facilitating a roster. Last offseason's roster fill sans Chillz allowed Woody to go to camp with "enough" pieces. Mo and Flip turned the off-season into better than average.

Right now it seems to me, we have to fill the same questions(pieces needed) than last off-season.

I'm saying: I'm not as comfortable as some are with a rookie as the backup Point guard. Sure Jamal can do the backup but if he does, who will back up Joe?

You do not contend for a title while developing guys who will be needed on the court. We need a vet to back up Bibs. If it is Jamal, we need one for Joe.

Not counting Randy we have 9 (Marvin will be signed) guys. we need two bigs and a guard.

What makes sense is Solo as one big and Flip as the vet combo.

The other big shall be agile, can rebound and defend. No one has mentioned Big Baby.

I like Big Baby. Big Baby ate Al's lunch at the end of the season. Baby ate a lot in KG's absence.

I like Big Baby or Wilcox for the Back up PF position.

Here it is:

BigBaby/Wilcox

Solomon

Flip

and go to camp. Whatayathink?

Two of my questions have been answered with acquisation of Joe Smith (topped with Collins) and any questions concerning Teague. Yes, I've been assured that Jeff is the real deal.

Still, to close of the summer completely would have been Stackhouse. None of the guys invited to camp will have the impact of Jerry Stackhouse. Not pulling the trigger is a concern. Not extending Woody is also a concern.

Yes, Sund has done well. However, more is needed to vault into the elite zone of teams and GM's.

Extend Woody.

Sign Stackhouse.

Complete roster to 15.

Sorry, I disagree with you.

There is no reason why we should extend Woody. What Sund needs to do is evaluate Woody this year and decide to keep him or not, because this year, there really is no excuse when it comes to talent. We have a good team and we should make some noise this year, and Woody has to show that he can utilize all the talent we have and make us play at the highest level.

As for Stackhouse, no thanks. We have already enough scorers and jackers in this team. If we didn't have Mo Evans, I would like the Hawks to consider him but there is nothing that Stackhouse can provide for us that the players we already have can't. We have better scorers than him and Mo Evans is a better defender than him at the 3 spot. Why overpay for a player that we don't need?

Two of my questions have been answered with acquisation of Joe Smith (topped with Collins) and any questions concerning Teague. Yes, I've been assured that Jeff is the real deal.

Still, to close of the summer completely would have been Stackhouse. None of the guys invited to camp will have the impact of Jerry Stackhouse. Not pulling the trigger is a concern. Not extending Woody is also a concern.

Yes, Sund has done well. However, more is needed to vault into the elite zone of teams and GM's.

Extend Woody.

Sign Stackhouse.

Complete roster to 15.

If Sund signed Stackhouse & 2 young players like Siler & Hunter you are looking at 2.4 millon dollars tied up in players at the end of the bench.

If Sund signed Stackhouse & 2 young players like Siler & Hunter you are looking at 2.4 millon dollars tied up in players at the end of the bench.

Ahh...thats were you are wrong. Stacks would not be on the "end of the bench". He would get 12-15 minutes a game. Also, injuries happen. Las, it will not happen because our GM is will not pull the trigger.

"Dimeguy", Sund has had a year to evaluate. He witness a team move to the top of the conference (dispite the experts prognosticators) with a thin bench and no Batman.

47 wins with a borderline allstar and 7 other NBA quality players. Woody has earned the contract.

Ahh...thats were you are wrong. Stacks would not be on the "end of the bench". He would get 12-15 minutes a game. Also, injuries happen. Las, it will not happen because our GM is will not pull the trigger.

"Dimeguy", Sund has had a year to evaluate. He witness a team move to the top of the conference (dispite the experts prognosticators) with a thin bench and no Batman.

47 wins with a borderline allstar and 7 other NBA quality players. Woody has earned the contract.

There is no way in hell that Stackhouse would get or would we want Stackhouse playing 12-15 minutes a night. If he was signed he would spend most nights in a suit because he doesn't bring anything different or do anything better than what we already have on the roster and he won't come any cheaper than 1.3 mil. I say pass.

On Woody, I disagree again. Woody proved what he could out of desperation last season now Sund went out and got him the vets and depth he needed. Sund is going to evaluate him on how he handles a roster without any excuses. He has good quality starters, he was part of the evaluating and picking of our rookie so he has no excuses in handling him, he got frontline depth, a legit backup scorer and vets to boot. If we are still witnessing 43 minute nights from Joe, 30 point blowouts on the road, tiffs with Smoove, etc. etc. then we definitely need to go in another direction.

There is no way in hell that Stackhouse would get or would we want Stackhouse playing 12-15 minutes a night. If he was signed he would spend most nights in a suit because he doesn't bring anything different or do anything better than what we already have on the roster and he won't come any cheaper than 1.3 mil. I say pass.

On Woody, I disagree again. Woody proved what he could out of desperation last season now Sund went out and got him the vets and depth he needed. Sund is going to evaluate him on how he handles a roster without any excuses. He has good quality starters, he was part of the evaluating and picking of our rookie so he has no excuses in handling him, he got frontline depth, a legit backup scorer and vets to boot. If we are still witnessing 43 minute nights from Joe, 30 point blowouts on the road, tiffs with Smoove, etc. etc. then we definitely need to go in another direction.

I don't get this "excuses" as if Woody gives excuses. Where does this come from. We won 47 games and by most if not All experts, we overachieved. Our best player is a robin, borderline All-Star. The next 7 were average to good. So what do you expect, the championship This season??

Edited by Swatguy

I don't get this "excuses" as if Woody gives excuses. Where does this come from. We won 47 games and by most if not All experts, we overachieved. Our best player is a robin, borderline All-Star. The next 7 were average to good. So what do you expect, the championship This season??

In a word? "consistency"

Extend Woody.

Sign Stackhouse.

Complete roster to 15.

It's been a long day ... I'll preface what I'm about to say with that. We lost our keys in Hilton Head today and had to get someone to bring us a spare from Augusta. Perhaps my tolerance level is a bit low right now.......... however

Swat has a -2 rating on this post right now. The dynamics of the +/- intrigue me.

Would the 2 people that clicked the red on this post please share their reasoning. It's really not all that important in the grand scheme of things but I'd like to know why this post was found to be distasteful.

Signing Stack a bad idea? Extending Woodrow? Fielding a complete roster?

Humor me - I don't get it.

Edited by gsuteke

It's been a long day ... I'll preface what I'm about to say with that. We lost our keys in Hilton Head today and had to get someone to bring us a spare from Augusta. Perhaps my tolerance level is a bit low right now.......... however

Swat has a -2 rating on this post right now. The dynamics of the +/- intrigue me.

Would the 2 people that clicked the red on this post please share their reasoning. It's really not all that important in the grand scheme of things but I'd like to know why this post was found to be distasteful.

Signing Stack a bad idea? Extending Woodrow? Fielding a complete roster?

Humor me - I don't get it.

Haha, I found it weird it was "neged" too but from experience on this board I'll say the bolded text is all it needed for some to do so.

I'm going to have to agree with one person I usually find myself not agreeing with. Yes I do think Woodson is an evil genius. He has tolled with games over the years and has let winnable games go to prove a point which could be looked at as good or bad and be debatable seeing that we were still not going to make the playoffs during a couple of those occasions.

Besides last year that was a regular routine for good ol Woody but last year he did a lot more of what it takes(on most nights) to help the team get a win. This could have been because of the pressure he might have felt with a new boss on board.

If he does his job correctly this year and we at least reach expectations, Woody will get a new contract. Sund has already gave him a roster that runs at least 10 deep filling every needed position. All Woody has to do is his job(correctly).

Stackhouse could definitely be a bonus but he could also be a cancer if he is not ready to accept a role he would be given on this team. Chemistry out ways talent. That is how a USA team can lose to a country that is far less talented but everybody knows their role. Look at Horfords team with the Dominican Republic team compared to the teams that beat them. 3 NBA players and a nice D R teammate and they could not advance past their tournament. The deciding game seemed like an easy win but they could not put up the heart at the end that the other team had.

Edited by sillent
  • Like 1