• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAU Football Coach Firing

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Anybody with a lil' insider knowledge of what happened with Clark Atlanta's coach? Canned after a mere three-game losing streak mid-season?

"Expectations for the team are not W's and L's as much as they are that we have a responsibility to commit to our young men as well," (Interim AD Tamica Jones) said. "That's where we were most lacking."

Surely, the upper mgmt wasn't fussing about the 43-year old guy playing backup tight end.

And hopefully they don't have designs on going up to D-1, a la Morris Brown with hoops, in desperate hopes of generating ca$h.

~lw3

I go to the school and I have absolutely no idea whats going on with that, its hard to keep up with that going to a school like that. This is actually the first I've heard about it.

Anybody with a lil' insider knowledge of what happened with Clark Atlanta's coach? Canned after a mere three-game losing streak mid-season?

"Expectations for the team are not W's and L's as much as they are that we have a responsibility to commit to our young men as well," (Interim AD Tamica Jones) said. "That's where we were most lacking."

I guess his "connections" are not as strong as the 2, now famous, political science professors...............they set a horrible example for the school and still have a job as far as I know.

Edited below:

Went to ajc.com to read about it and saw where the coach is now sueing the school.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/fired-clark-atlanta-coach-157388.html

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

I guess his "connections" are not as strong as the 2, now famous, political science professors...............they set a horrible example for the school and still have a job as far as I know.

Edited below:

Went to ajc.com to read about it and saw where the coach is now sueing the school.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/fired-clark-atlanta-coach-157388.html

Just a hunch, but allowing Chaskins onto the team caused "somebody" to get cut. Perhaps somebody with those "connections..." or at least connections to somebody with tenure and/or influence. If that hunch is true, the forthcoming suit will give the school a black eye. Based on their faculty's approach to the Mayor's race, black may be the color of eye they prefer anyhow.

~lw3