• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Happy 20th Birthday, Sergiy Gladyr

niremetal

• Premium Member

Happy 20th birthday to Sergiy Gladyr. He’ll be playing with Bàsquet Manresa over in the Spanish Premier League this year. He’s actually tearing it up in his first games over there – he averaged 15.5ppg in his first two games and shot 8 of 16 from deep (and the Euro 3 is now identical to the NBA 3).

Here’s his profile:

http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp?Cntry=ukr&PlayerID=69279

The kicker is this - he led the team in scoring both games (tied with others in one, and stood alone in the second) and his team won both games.

Here's the link to the team box scores for each game (click on the right-facing arrows to see the box scores for each game):

http://www.basquetmanresa.com/php/plantilla2.php?location=estad.php&idioma=cat

The Spanish Premier League is nothing to sneeze at either. Barcelona, Madrid, and Baskonia play in that league, and those are three of the best non-NBA teams in the world. If Gladyr can keep this up for a full season…well let’s just say we’ll be in a better bargaining position with JJ.

No joke - Gladyr might be for real.

Edited by niremetal

If Gladyr can keep this up for a full season…well let’s just say we’ll be in a better bargaining position with JJ.

No joke - Gladyr might be for real.

Thanks for the info.

I hope Gladyr is for real, but even if he shows that he is the next Michel Jordan, he still doesn't threaten the bargaining position of one of the top 5 shooting guards in the world.

• Premium Member

Thanks for the info.

I hope Gladyr is for real, but even if he shows that he is the next Michel Jordan, he still doesn't threaten the bargaining position of one of the top 5 shooting guards in the world.

Oh trust me, I didn't mean that Gladyr's emergence wouldn't mean we wouldn't have to pay to keep JJ here. But it might mean that we don't have to overpay to keep him.

• Premium Member

That's funny because as a joke a few weeks back I said I don't know why people are overreacting over JJ not signing an extension when we have Crawful, Gladyr's rights and Chills rights all sitting in our pockets.

All I'm saying is we might be able to say with a straight face "we won't go higher than 5/$80" and mean it if we have the prospect of Crawford next year and a top SG prospect ready to come over the year after that. Right now, we can say it, but might not mean it...