• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sund's job is incomplete

Swatguy

The issue is JJ. Why would JJ sign for 4 years now if he can get a 5 or 6 year deal as a UFA ?

There is no reason to be upset with JJ. If he took a 4 year deal he would be turning 32 when his contract is up and turning 33 headed into free agency. We all know it would be hard to get a good contract at 33 as a wing player.

Leave Sund alone about JJ. He has done all he can do until FA.

What is preventing Sund to offer Joe a 5-6 year deal now?

Take care of Joe now and guys down the road will remember it. Guys will want to get to Atlanta. There are two carrots out front, one is money/security and the other is winning. Satisfy the security and winning is the sole focus.

Also I remind. It is not just Woody. It is Woody And his staff as well as their families.

Finish it.

Edited by Swatguy

What is preventing Sund to offer Joe a 5-6 year deal now?

Take care of Joe now and guys down the road will remember it. Guys will want to get to Atlanta. There are two carrots out front, one is money/security and the other is winning. Satisfy the security and winning is the sole focus.

Also I remind. It is not just Woody. It is Woody And his staff as well as their families.

Finish it.

The CBA / Collective Bargaining Agreement.

I believe you can only extend a player for 4 years.

Once he hits RFA...........other teams can offer him 5 years and we are the only team who can offer him 6 a year contract.

The CBA / Collective Bargaining Agreement.

I believe you can only extend a player for 4 years.

Once he hits RFA...........other teams can offer him 5 years and we are the only team who can offer him 6 a year contract.

I see. I also just read Traceman's post. So a 4 year deal is the max which means the only recourse is to increase the money. Hmm...

There is still wiggle space. 4 yr. 70-75 mil. a promise to extend in year two (understood of course).

If he don't bite, wait til summer. At least move to solution now.

I see. I also just read Traceman's post. So a 4 year deal is the max which means the only recourse is to increase the money. Hmm...

There is still wiggle space. 4 yr. 70-75 mil. a promise to extend in year two (understood of course).

If he don't bite, wait til summer. At least move to solution now.

I could be completely wrong on this but I believe the deadline for player extensions was October 31st. That would mean that Joe cannot be taken care of until next summer. Woody on the other hand can be done at any given time but I would hope that Sund and the ASG maybe hold off on even addressing that until December-February.