Houston:

Shareef Abdur-Rahim

Washington:

Eddie Griffin

Atlanta:

Kwame Brown

Glenn Rice

1st round pick from Rockets in 2005

I've already checked it with the trade checker. It works. The Hawks get a young center in Kwame Brown who is athletic and can defend and a veteran presence in Glenn Rice. The Wizards part ways with Kwame Brown, who wants out, and they pick up a young player that could mesh well with Eddie Jordan. The Rockets get the post scoring presence they need.

The second deal is your run of the mill two way deal.

Phoenix:

Theo Ratliff

Nazr Mohammed

Atlanta:

Joe Johnson

Tom Gugliotta

Jake Tsakilidas

1st round pick in 2004

The Suns get the defensive minded center they need, plus they add depth at the position with Mohammed. The Hawks get a young player with upside in Joe Johnson, a first round pick, and Gugliotta's contract comes off after this season.

The Hawks then resign Jason Terry and sign Steve Smith and Grant Long as free agents.

PG - Jason Terry, Dan Dickau

SG - Joe Johnson, Steve Smith

SF - Boris Diaw, Glenn Rice, Chris Crawford

PF - Alan Henderson, Grant Long, Tom Gugliotta

C - Kwame Brown, Alan Henderson

The Hawks then have a very good chance at a high draft pick. They select Atlanta native Dwight Howard.

• Admin

Why is everyone giving up before the season already begins??

I absolutely hate those trades. This team really is only a player or two and some chemistry away from being competitive in the East.

We have one of the top PFs in the East in SAR and an excellent backup in Hendu. We have two very good centers in Theo and Nazr. We also have a scoring PG in JT. With Diaw on the floor to replace Ira we have someone else to handle the ball. We just need another SG or SF. Resign Glover and or DJ and bring in Smith for a veteran presenece.

The season has not even begun yet. Our big difference from the end of last season where we were starting to become a good team is that Dog is no longer with us...we played better without him anyway and Ira is gone. Ira is a bigger loss but with Diaw we may have the right player to fill his shoes. The only difference is that he can handle the ball.

I'll have to admit that I don't like those either...

Kwame Brown might be much better with a change of scenery, but with what has gone on with the hawks lately, would this be a good environment for him?

The 2nd trade is no good. I think that Theo has more trade value than that. Tsakalidis is a decent backup at best. Joe Johnson has been a disappointment too. PHO first round pick is probably non-lottery too.

I've been very clear of my desire to keep the core of Jason Terry, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, and Theo Ratliff intact.

This is just a suggestion of a couple of trades I would look into if the Hawks decided to start over again.

I've said all along that the addition of a couple of veteran players like Steve Smith and maybe a Grant Long would do more for this team than anything. This team needs leadership and needs to learn how to win. They have talent. Smith and Long would bring leadership and know how.

Steve Smith and Grant Long suck. They can't even get

jobs in the league. Why not drag Ennis Whatley out of

retirement? What about Jim Les? Rodney Monroe maybe?

Theo Ratliff is not a core player because he is aging and

hasn't had a good season in 3 years. His best season

was only 12/8/3.

I wonder if the Wizards would bite on a deal bring us

Larry Hughes for Nazr Mohammad?

Jason Terry

Larry Hughes

Boris Diaw

Shareef

Theo

But then we need depth because we have a plie of

crap of a bench. Hendu is trash. Last year he produced

a mediocre 4PPG 4RPG. That is not good bench production.

"Why is everyone giving up before the season already begins?? "

- i agree... no, STOP LAUGHIN guys... i really mean it. But its gonna be hard. Its not gonna be served on a fancy plate. We're gonna have to work out butt off and come to play every night.

i still believe that 8th spot in the EAST is open to anyone that wants it. Im hoping thats us.