• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ACC's Best...

AHF

• Moderators

So what is the "desired matchup" if Texas and Florida both lose ?

I think if Florida loses to Alabama that we will see a rematch..............but not the same for Bama if they lose. Its all bout the money and Tim Tebow and the Gators will rake in the ratings and the publicity...........plus there would be a strong and extremely rational arguement that a team who is ranked #1 all year, and loses to the #2 team by a last second FG would be more deserving then undefeated team without a top 20 opponent on their schedule.

You put Cincy, TCU, or Boise St. in the BCS Championship and the ratings will suck. Its all about money and those teams will not garner much attention. Sure the media will hype it as David vs. Goliath but that is not enough for me and I hope most other football fans.

I am personally not going to watch another of these BCS bowls or "Mythical Championship Games" until a playoff system is put in (unless UGA wins a popularity contest one year). I believe the current contract with the TV networks runs until 2014. So if we are lucky we wil have some form of a playoff by 2015. Until then its a popularity / propoganda / beauty contest for the national championship.........and the Florida Gators have enough popularity / propoganda to win that beauty contest over a Boise, TCU, or Cinci.

Following the money is rarely a bad idea. I am thinking back to 2006 when Michigan was ranked above Florida, Florida won in unimpressive fashion over Arkansas and voters dumped Michigan below Florida in the polls to avoid a rematch with Ohio State. Ex post facto, that looks good since the Buckeyes got thrashed by the Gators. However, it doesn't make much sense from the perspective of how these polls are usually done.

I think voters will try very hard to keep two teams from the same conference from meeting up again in the BCS Championship game. From a ratings persepctive, though, the Gators are very good news but whether voters will take that into consideration is not clear (the rest of the BCS formula is already in place and shouldn't be able to be manipulated for ratings or any other purpose).

If Florida loses and gets in the championship game, though, that will be a big boost for the playoff guys since there will likely be 3 undefeated teams left out. That would be great (as would a 1 loss Texas team getting in) for the long-term implementation of a playoff system.