• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bumps in the road for the Big Four

Hawksquawk

SA hasn't beat but like 2 teams with winning records. They don't deserve to sniff the top 5. bullsh*t. I most of the time give the winning franchises the benefit of doubt, but when it's January and you've only beat a couple of teams with winning records, you a fraud.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

SA hasn't beat but like 2 teams with winning records. They don't deserve to sniff the top 5. bullsh*t. I most of the time give the winning franchises the benefit of doubt, but when it's January and you've only beat a couple of teams with winning records, you a fraud.

I would not call the Spurs a fraud but that loss to Toronto is a huge shocker. Toronto being 7 and 3 over their last 10 games is a big damn suprise also. And they are doing a lot of that with Calderon injured and Jack starting.

The Spurs are only playing Duncan 31 minutes a game vs last season when he got over 36. Pops knows where is bread is buttered; and with this weak of a schedule to start the season off, resting Duncan is just smart coaching. Ginobli and Parker have both missed five games. Jefferson is doing ok but Manu is having the worse shooting year of his career.

I do not think the Spurs are in the same class with LA, Boston, Cleveland, Orlando; but you cannot rule out a lineup that consist of Duncan, Parker, Jefferson, Manu, and Blair. Duncan is having a good year, 20 pts and 10 boards in just 31 minutes. If Pops can keep everyone healthy and maintain a 4th or 5th seed; the Spurs will be just as tough to handle as us, if not tougher.

They have a easy schedule and they are winning the games they should; but a below .500 team in the west could be a .500 team in the east. Our divison is the only tough one in the east so far this year. Everybody else has sucked up to this point. But like I said in another post; some teams are getting healthy like the Bulls and others like the Raps are just playing better.

Its going to be a wild month in the NBA...

Edited by Buzzard

I would not call the Spurs a fraud but that loss to Toronto is a huge shocker. Toronto being 7 and 3 over their last 10 games is a big damn suprise also. And they are doing a lot of that with Calderon injured and Jack starting.

The Spurs are only playing Duncan 31 minutes a game vs last season when he got over 36. Pops knows where is bread is buttered; and with this weak of a schedule to start the season off, resting Duncan is just smart coaching. Ginobli and Parker have both missed five games. Jefferson is doing ok but Manu is having the worse shooting year of his career.

I do not think the Spurs are in the same class with LA, Boston, Cleveland, Orlando; but you cannot rule out a lineup that consist of Duncan, Parker, Jefferson, Manu, and Blair. Duncan is having a good year, 20 pts and 10 boards in just 31 minutes. If Pops can keep everyone healthy and maintain a 4th or 5th seed; the Spurs will be just as tough to handle as us, if not tougher.

They have a easy schedule and they are winning the games they should; but a below .500 team in the west could be a .500 team in the east. Our divison is the only tough one in the east so far this year. Everybody else has sucked up to this point. But like I said in another post; some teams are getting healthy like the Bulls and others like the Raps are just playing better.

Its going to be a wild month in the NBA...

I'm saying SA isn't a title contender. I thought they made the moves to get back there, but I'm wrong. Saving Duncan for the playoffs will not change that the core they have is not good enough now.

I think we can stop referring ourselves as part of the big four. The only team in the NBA that is scared of playing us are the Raptors.

The "big four" in the title comes from the nba.com article about the big four of lakers, celtics, cavs and magic.