• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could Porter help the Falcons at OLB ?

coachx

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/15715/20100202/porter_wants_trade_if_role_is_small/

Just throwing this out there. Porter had 17.5 sacks in 2008 and 9 sacks in 14 games last season. He seems to have some good football left..........especially as a pass rusher the where the Falcons need help the most. We have all seen the Peppers article in the AJC and even Adam Scheffler is reporting that Atlanta could be a logical landing spot for Peppers. The local talk radio was kicking Peppers name around all morning. I'm not sold on Peppers at $15 mill a year at all.

Porter would be much cheaper then Peppers and the DE class is supposed to be VERY DEEP in this years draft anyway. I would personally like to see Porter brought in and then we target either CB or DE in the first round.

One thing you never have to question about Porter is his motivation. Unlike Peppers, Porter alwayse has that fire and nastiness about him which I love in a LB. He has that Ray Lewis gene in him.

Edited by coachx

I'm just putting this out there as a guy who has followed Porter closely the past few years and that is that he does have some decent football left in him but he's nowhere near the play maker that he used to be and that even his 2007 numbers were inflated because of multiple big sack games early in the season. I think he had somewhere around 12 by the 4th game and then was nuetralized for much of the rest of the season and last year he was pretty much useless. He seemed a step slow getting to the QB and offered nothing in the way of defending the pass. Teams either ran right at him because he was easily blocked or they threw the screen to his side because they knew that all he has left is the speed rush to the outside. There's a reason why we're happy to let him go and are preferring to keep Jason Taylor instead of Porter. I've always been a big fan of Porter and he's one of the best at relating to the fans and I've read numerous accounts of him being very approachable out in public towards signing autographs and he definitely gets his teammates motivated but outside of those areas he just doesn't have a lot left to offer.

I'm just putting this out there as a guy who has followed Porter closely the past few years and that is that he does have some decent football left in him but he's nowhere near the play maker that he used to be and that even his 2007 numbers were inflated because of multiple big sack games early in the season. I think he had somewhere around 12 by the 4th game and then was nuetralized for much of the rest of the season and last year he was pretty much useless. He seemed a step slow getting to the QB and offered nothing in the way of defending the pass. Teams either ran right at him because he was easily blocked or they threw the screen to his side because they knew that all he has left is the speed rush to the outside. There's a reason why we're happy to let him go and are preferring to keep Jason Taylor instead of Porter. I've always been a big fan of Porter and he's one of the best at relating to the fans and I've read numerous accounts of him being very approachable out in public towards signing autographs and he definitely gets his teammates motivated but outside of those areas he just doesn't have a lot left to offer.

Thanks for the input...........I figured you had watched every game he has played in since he joined the Dolphins.

Thanks for the input...........I figured you had watched every game he has played in since he joined the Dolphins.

Yep I definitely have, plus read all of the stuff about him from inside sources on the team and all the articles about him throughout the year. The latest that I've read is that he travels to his home in California about a dozen times throughout the season and he's worn out from it so they're speculating that he will look to sign with a California team, most likely the Raiders.