• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe and Josh not invited to US team?

ersimo2889

Oh I wouldn't at all expect him to make the final cut, but seeing as how 27 players, both young and old, were invited, I thought they would as well, seeing as how they both have previous national team experience.

Surprised about Joe but I don't really think that Josh's lack of outside shooting would do well in the international game.

• Moderators

Surprised about Joe but I don't really think that Josh's lack of outside shooting would do well in the international game.

That is my feeling. Likewise, Russell Westbrook as an invite surprises me for the same reason Josh's exclusion doesn't.

Colangelo is saying some players were contacted and did not respond. He named Rondo but said there were 3 others. One of those could be JJ. It make sense for JJ to ignore it until he has a new deal. None of the FA for this year will practice with the team until they get their new deal. You can't risk tearing an ACL in practice before a you get a new deal.

Even though Smoove has matured greatly this year his rep around the league is that he whines to the refs alot. The US probably does not want that representing the country on an international stage. (Even though he has mature alot as of late.)