• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

King of the 1st Round Upsets

DJlaysitup

OK it's getting close to 'March Madness' and almost time for the 4th (or 5th?) annual 'King of the 1st Round Upsets' contest!!

We have a new twist this year - an actual PRIZE. In the past it was only for bragging rights but participation has been down so I'm spicing it up a bit. The winner will get an (almost new - I've only wore it twice) HAWKS hat - white on white - signed by Smoove. YES!

OK here's how the game works:

In all NCAA tourneys there are always 1st round upsets. You get to pick 10 upsets (out of 32 games - play-in game doesn't count).

If your upset comes true you get the amount of points of your upset seed. So, if you pick an 11 to beat a 6 (and they win) you get 11 points. If you pick a 9 to beat an 8 you only get 9 points. No points for lost games of course....most total points win.

The game only lasts for the 1st round (two days). You can only pick a maximum of 10 upsets. So pay attention on who is hot and who is not. Entries are by postings - no entries after the start of the real 1st round (play-in doesn't count).

I'll post this on the big board at NCAA selection time to get more visibility smile.gif .

We'll lock the thread after the deadline has passed for picks to keep it secure. Thanks for putting this together!

Thanks AHF...as a note, if there is a tie, the winner will be the person who picked the biggest upset. If it's still a tie after that I'll just keep the hat biggrin.gif . (Kinda like the green spot on a roulette wheel)

Edited by DJlaysitup