Off-Season

Swatguy

It seems we have played to our ceiling. Joe aint getting any better and he probably should walk.

We have to move the potential "Bad contracts" ei.. Marvin and Bibby. Moving these guys will be difficult but not impossible. Not sold on Teague cause...he cant shoot.

A S&T to Toronto using Bibs and Marvin as the bait could solve half of the problems. Signing Chillz and a starting PG. If Joe goes fill the void, draft a shooter.

It seems we have played to our ceiling. Joe aint getting any better and he probably should walk.

We have to move the potential "Bad contracts" ei.. Marvin and Bibby. Moving these guys will be difficult but not impossible. Not sold on Teague cause...he cant shoot.

A S&T to Toronto using Bibs and Marvin as the bait could solve half of the problems. Signing Chillz and a starting PG. If Joe goes fill the void, draft a shooter.

And Woody (I have supported him)is probably gone so Welcome Byron Scott.

Just because I love reading Diesel's posts, I'm going to be the first to reply: Marvin's contract is a good value!

Just because I love reading Diesel's posts, I'm going to be the first to reply: Marvin's contract is a good value!

Marvin is horrible.

Sign Ray Allen (If Joe goes) and Do sign Raymond Felton to run the show.

Felton/Crawford/Teague

Allen/Chillz/Mario

Josh/Chillz/Mo

Al/Josh

Bosh/Zaza

Get two big bodies and roll. Oh and Do draft a shooter.

carlton1.gif

Sign Ray Allen (If Joe goes) and Do sign Raymond Felton to run the show.

Felton/Crawford/Teague

Allen/Chillz/Mario

Josh/Chillz/Mo

Al/Josh

Bosh/Zaza

Get two big bodies and roll. Oh and Do draft a shooter.

The 1st part comments about signing Ray Allen should be enough to negate any further comments you made, but then your suggested team was posted. Just how do you expect to clear enough money to sign Felton, Allen, and Bosh? Also, you said you weren't sold on Teague because he couldn't shoot and then you suggest to get Felton to run the team. Have you seen his career FG and 3pt %'s?

I think our unwillingness to go into the LT really hampered our flexibility .

When JJ turns down that extension you have to give your gm the leeway to be creative .

We shouldve never offered Marvin or Bibby longterm deals but instead offered Bibby a 1 yr 11 million dollar deal and Marvin the same deal . Of course it wouldve sent us into the LT territory but now if JJ decides he is walking we can dive right into the free agent market . heck if we really wanted to do it right we would even overpay Zaza for one year as well and have the money open up to offer someone a max or near max deal along with trying to keep JJ. Those signings with the uncertainty that JJ has given us are huge shackles now .

If I'm not mistaken, those two long term deals have a "Valley" or sudden drop of income for one year

before they go back up for the remainder of the contract. Next season is the "valley" year for both

Bibby and MW. They make a lot more this season and all the other seasons EXCEPT next year.

I'm sure this was set up and agreed to so that the Hawks might have some small amount of $$$$

to go into the free market and shop.

JJ looks to be gone to NY. Wouldn't be a big shock to any of us if that happened. JJ is good. In fact,

he's very good. He's an all star. He would play big in the big apple. They would love him - - - If NY

had a winning team and he was a big part of the winning.

Can Atlanta afford to sell out the franchise just to keep JJ here? Is he worth THAT much? If JJ is not here,

does that mean that the Hawks automatically go back to their 13 win season? Or, can they play .500

ball without JJ? If JJ gats all the money, where will the Hawks come up with any money to pay any one else.

Does he selfishly demand all the money?

JJ is good. JJ is great. JJ is not Kobe or L. James. He does not, singlehandedly carry this team to

every victory......

Apparently, the way the NBA is set up, we can pay JJ and keep him, if he accepts. If we don't and he walks,

we can't spend any of that money signing another player....

Looks as if JJ has the Hawks over a barrell and they are about to be screwed either way it goes.

:cant believe:

If I'm not mistaken, those two long term deals have a "Valley" or sudden drop of income for one year

before they go back up for the remainder of the contract. Next season is the "valley" year for both

Bibby and MW. They make a lot more this season and all the other seasons EXCEPT next year.

I'm sure this was set up and agreed to so that the Hawks might have some small amount of $$$$

We wish !

Even if JJ signs with another team we would not be uner the salary cap enough to sign anyone.

We would have the MLE and veteran's minimum only.

Its JJ or bust. Crawford is the insurance policy.

JJ looks to be gone to NY. Wouldn't be a big shock to any of us if that happened. JJ is good. In fact,

he's very good. He's an all star. He would play big in the big apple. They would love him - - - If NY

had a winning team and he was a big part of the winning.

Can Atlanta afford to sell out the franchise just to keep JJ here? Is he worth THAT much? If JJ is not here,

does that mean that the Hawks automatically go back to their 13 win season? Or, can they play .500

ball without JJ? If JJ gats all the money, where will the Hawks come up with any money to pay any one else.

Does he selfishly demand all the money?

JJ is good. JJ is great. JJ is not Kobe or L. James. He does not, singlehandedly carry this team to

every victory......

Apparently, the way the NBA is set up, we can pay JJ and keep him, if he accepts. If we don't and he walks,

we can't spend any of that money signing another player....

Looks as if JJ has the Hawks over a barrell and they are about to be screwed either way it goes.

:cant believe:

Yep, this sucks and we have to sign Al back and Al is worth max. We knew this already so it's just time to move on. Smoove is a great defensive player, Horford has amazing potential and Teague will be a good player in the future. So it's not that bad for us.