Mike Bibby

PG Brandon Jennings

Joe Johnson SG John Salmons

Marvin Williams

SF Carlos Delfino
Josh Smith PF Luc Mbah a Moute
Al Horford C Andrew Bogut

Hawks Injury Report: None

Bucks Injury Report: Michael Redd is out.

Blogging With the Enemy: BrewHoop

Predicted bane of the Hawks existence: Andrew Bogut

The Bucks are all the rage these days. Fear the dear and that good stuff. They should be. They are hot, have emerging talent, play good defense, have a trade addition, and are unproven and therefore unknown. It is like the quitfecta of the talking head world. And I am scared of them. Not scared of them in a "we can't play them in the playoffs at all cost" kind of way, but in a "if I could pick any of the teams below the Hawks, Milwaukee would not be that team" way. Regardless of how you feel, you have to be impressed with the record they have put together. Imagine these guys with Jennings in two years...

That being said, one of those very few losses by the Bucks over these last couple weeks came against the Hawks. And trust me when I say this, it came against a Hawks team that was not playing at playoff level basketball. Outside of a very late (and necessary) Joe Johnson push, the Hawks guards were awful. I mean just really bad all game. Al Horford was average on offense and very good on defense and Josh Smith was equal parts maddening and exceptional. Basically, the Hawks were the Hawks on an off night by the guards. And they won.

Now, the Bucks were playing the second of a back to back and the Hawks guards might have been bad because Milwaukee's defense was good, but Marvin was used horribly, Jerry Stackhouse scored his season high, and John Salmons almost went shot for shot with Joe "freaking" Johnson.

What am I trying to say? I guess just that I look forward to watching this matchup again. See where the law of averages evens out or tilts one direction even more to reveal an advantage. My misinformed opinion is that the Bucks would be tough in the playoffs but this seems more like a feel good March story, not a feel good May story. Then again, they did just beat Denver in Denver on the second of a back to back so what do I know.

Tonight, it is Atlanta that comes in tired and on the road. Emotionally, I am not ready for this game, so i can't imagine what the actual players are feeling. Good thing they make millions of dollars. I expect a much better game from Bogut and hopeful for a better one from Joe. Here is hoping the Hawks guards come out sharper and sharper does not necessitate shot happy.

Go Hawks!

di
di

View the full article