• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This team needs a defensive swingman that can hit the three.

Plainview1981

Last night it was very clear that nobody can handle John Salmons or even make it tough for him. In the off season they need to find a player that can guard perimeter players so that Joe doesn't have to suffer on the offensive end by having to guard the other teams top players. This is the role Mo Evans supposed to play, but he is not good enough to hold that role down. We know Jamal and Bibby can't do it. This team would probably have at least 3-5 more wins if they had a Bruce Bowen or maybe even a Raja Bell. It's painfully how obvious how bad the perimeter defense is.

Last night it was very clear that nobody can handle John Salmons or even make it tough for him. In the off season they need to find a player that can guard perimeter players so that Joe doesn't have to suffer on the offensive end by having to guard the other teams top players. This is the role Mo Evans supposed to play, but he is not good enough to hold that role down. We know Jamal and Bibby can't do it. This team would probably have at least 3-5 more wins if they had a Bruce Bowen or maybe even a Raja Bell. It's painfully how obvious how bad the perimeter defense is.

The problem is the Hawks switching defense. They would just run a pick and role to get Salmons matched up with Horford or Smith and then he would abuse them.

What the Hawks really need is a new coach.

The problem is the Hawks switching defense. They would just run a pick and role to get Salmons matched up with Horford or Smith and then he would abuse them.

While that's true, defensive players are still needed in the backcourt. This team does the same damn things every game and all game. If the lack of ability to make adjustments isn't enough to convince people that Woody is bad then I don't know what will.

Exactly. I don't think I've ever seen Woody just tell the team to just play straight man-to-man defense. He's a one-trick pony. If his switching D isn't working, he doesn't even bother to try anything else.

I've said it before and I'll say it again- I love the switching defense late in the shotclock (say under 8) Then the opposing team doesn't have time to properly exploit the matchup they just created. But early in the shotclock its just a recipe for disaster because the other team can run a quick PnR early in the clock to create EXACTLY the matchup they want then reset the offense to best exploit it.

Edited by spotatl

• Admin

I agree that the switching defense is what is messing stuff up. There are situations where it is effective (Bibby needs to be off the floor) but all in all it seems to always give a lot of mismatches that are favorable for the other team.