• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al and Josh

swolehawk2

They are not fighting hard enough before the post catch. Sometimes they are catching the ball way out on the floor; this is killing the spacing and either turning their post into a faceup Iso or them taking too long to back down their guy.

We fix this and the game becomes easy for us.

Let's get to work fellas!

Watching the game I had the same thoughts. Not so much not fighting hard enough but it is something they have to work on in the offseason. Additionally, the guards need work on making the entry pass into the post. They often time lose valuable shot clock seconds trying to make the entry pass waiting for the poster to get set. It's a combination of both things I think.

Mods can we get this thread deleted? Positivity until Game 7 should be strictly enforced. That is all.

This is a positive thread....meaning, if we can get lower in the box in game seven, we actually have a chance of winning.

I guess you want more threads like:

Greatest team ever!

Joe Johnson for Mayor!

Let's go Hawks!

Yeah, let's not actually talk about basketball here.

If anything the players around them need to work harder, you know maybe if we would stop switching them on to guards they would be in a better position to rebound. The blame goes on our guards who are afraid to do so most of the time. Marvin as well, for him to be 6''9 he is a sorry rebounder..

If anything the players around them need to work harder, you know maybe if we would stop switching them on to guards they would be in a better position to rebound. The blame goes on our guards who are afraid to do so most of the time. Marvin as well, for him to be 6''9 he is a sorry rebounder..

That may be true...but I rewatched two games earlier....we are being pushed damn near to the three point line on our post ups. By smaller players at that.

This screws up the spacing, Josh got pretty deep position twice last game and they doubled, leaving Joe wide open for three, he made one and missed one.

We have to get deeper postion, that means we have to run the floor and do work early in the clock to establish position.

We have to be stonger on the block. They can't defend us when we are deep on the block and they know it.

LOL .. . any valid criticism of Smoove is met by . . . "but . . look at what those other guys aren't doing"?

The thread is correct. It's nothing major, it's just something that if they did a little better, it would give them better opportunities to score the basketball. Especially in this series, in which both Smith and Horford are being guarded by guys either their size, or a little smaller.