• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Salmons an option of Hawks

TruJerz

If Joe Johnson leaves, looks like Hawks may target Salmons according to this article. I've seen others pick him as a replacement of Joe Johnson if he leaves..looks like its a possibility because he may not resign with the Bucks. Take a look:

http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woelfel-world-of-sports/could_bucks_salmon_become_a_hawk.html

Edited by TruJerz

If Joe Johnson leaves, looks like Hawks may target Salmons according to this article. I've seen others pick him as a replacement of Joe Johnson if he leaves..looks like its a possibility because he may not resign with the Bucks. Take a look:

http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woelfel-world-of-sports/could_bucks_salmon_become_a_hawk.html

That would be a decent, affordable replacement, in my opinion. He's making about the MLE now? Could we just sign him to another MLE deal? That would be about $10M less than what Joe will get per year. He's by no means as good an all-around player but for $10M less we'd be lucky to have him. We could resign Childress with some of that money if we wanted to or use that flexibility for sign-and-trades with other teams. If Joe goes, it would be nice to find a place for Bibby, too. Maybe find a way to acquire Collison or another solid, defensive PG.

Hopefully a new coach with a more team-oriented offense.

Edited by jezmund

That would be a decent, affordable replacement, in my opinion. He's making about the MLE now? Could we just sign him to another MLE deal? That would be about $10M less than what Joe will get per year. He's by no means as good an all-around player but for $10M less we'd be lucky to have him. We could resign Childress with some of that money if we wanted to or use that flexibility for sign-and-trades with other teams. If Joe goes, it would be nice to find a place for Bibby, too. Maybe find a way to acquire Collison or another solid, defensive PG.

Hopefully a new coach with a more team-oriented offense.

yea would be a good option B but first we should try to get Joe Johnson back. I dont mind having Bibby on the team but maybe Teague starts and Bibby comes off the bench. If we get Salmons we will probably look like this:

Teague/Bibby

Salmons/Crawford

Marvin Williams/Childress

Josh Smith/Lawal(Georgia tech)

Horford/Zaza

not a bad team. Deeper than any team we've had in the past 5 years for sure

Salmons is the most overrated player in the league. He did this stunt last year with the Bulls then went MIA on them this year.

I disagree..no one even rates him lol he's a role player and a 3rd or 2nd option at best. If Joe Johnson does leave there arent many other options out there..Hawks dont have that much money to spend and wont get a high draft pick so unless they are gonna make a trade, this may be the best option..Salmons is a good scorer that we would need

• Premium Member

I disagree..no one even rates him lol he's a role player and a 3rd or 2nd option at best. If Joe Johnson does leave there arent many other options out there..Hawks dont have that much money to spend and wont get a high draft pick so unless they are gonna make a trade, this may be the best option..Salmons is a good scorer that we would need

Will he sign for the mid-level? Because that's all we'll have.

Good player but the highest I would be willing to pay is around 7 million due to his age and overall talent. But he can play in a PnR offense which is a plus.

Edited by nbasuperstar40