Bradley Gives the Reasons Wade or Bosh Won't Sign Here

jhay610

• Premium Member

Uhh...lowest payroll of playoff teams? Does anyone fact check these guys. OKC and Portland had lower payrolls.

This is pathetic. The AJC needs to fire these morons.

We had the lowest payroll from Eastern Conference playoff teams, we don't have a full scouting department and we don't have an advance scout. There are some legit criticisms of how much money the Spirit spends on this team but the AJC is so inaccurate I'm surprised they even know Atlanta still has a team.

We had the lowest payroll from Eastern Conference playoff teams, we don't have a full scouting department and we don't have an advance scout. There are some legit criticisms of how much money the Spirit spends on this team but the AJC is so inaccurate I'm surprised they even know Atlanta still has a team.

Maybe the AJC changed the piece to say that we have the lowest payroll of an Eastern Conference team, but both Schultz and Cunningham have had first runs with stories where they claim ATL as the lowest.

Its amazing to me how little effort these guys put into their job. I know if I was covering a sports team (or sports in general) I would want to know all the ins and outs I could get my hands on. The CBA and FAQs of the CBA are freely available, yet all these people fail to go the extra step (is it really extra?) and learn a little bit about the workings of the CBA. Its not just these guys though, many ESPN analysts are the same. Are people allergic to effort in sports writing jobs?

• Moderators

Its amazing to me how little effort these guys put into their job. I know if I was covering a sports team (or sports in general) I would want to know all the ins and outs I could get my hands on. The CBA and FAQs of the CBA are freely available, yet all these people fail to go the extra step (is it really extra?) and learn a little bit about the workings of the CBA. Its not just these guys though, many ESPN analysts are the same. Are people allergic to effort in sports writing jobs?

+1