• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Upgrading Joe Smith and J. Collins

coachx

Up grading the bench is a must. Here is a list.

SF

D. Wilkens - could be had for the vet minimum and would love to play here.

PF

D. Gooden - solid and versatile player who is a solid 7th man.

U. Haslem - tough physical rebounding PF with a mid range jumper.

C. Smith - could be had for the vet minimum. I really like how physical he plays.

Oberto - yawn and pass

C

Big Z - If Lebron walks the chances of him leaving go from 0% to 5%. He would probably just retire is James leaves Cleveland

B. Wallace - we targeted him last year but he chose loyalty with Detroit

J. Anthony - has a player option that I think he will utilize. I think he goes from making $800 K to around $1.25 mill.

N. Mohammed - early termination option of the Bobcats. With all of the bench centers they have I think they let him walk.

Petro - legit 71 who Sund drafted. Short on talent but capable 12th man.

Guys I think we have the best shot at for minimum contracts or less then $2 mill: D. Wilkens, C. Smith, J. Anthony

So who am i leaving out ?

Edited by coachx

I would like to see if we could get 1 out of Gooden, U. Haslem, Big Z, or B. Wallace for part of the MLE. Lets say $4 mill per on 3 year deals for Gooden or Haslem but only 1 year deals for Big Z and Wallace.

Then use LLE (lower level exception for the 1/2 of the board with no cap knowledge) on D. Wilkens, C. Smith, and J. Anthony. (if he opts out)

I wanted Channing Frye here last offseason. Having a big that can actually hit a shot would only open up the floor for whatever penetrating guard(s) we pick up or start next season.

Haslem and Gooden can both nail mid range shots all day long..........they don't have the 3 point ability of Fry but they are superior defenders and rebounders to Frye.

Edited by coachx

Haslem is about the only thing I see on that list that I would want for this team........we're in dire need of toughness and I think he can give us that off the bench not to mention he can stretch the floor a bit with his mid range jumper