• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

no need to rebuild

kalaps

The Hawks have a team of young athletes, the need a pg that can get in the paint. Give teague a chance to see what he can do. Big men don't grow on trees, so the hawks magically finding one is not just going to happen. Horford is serviceable, what they need is a pg that can break down a defense to better utilize the athletes on the wing.

• Premium Member

The Hawks have a team of young athletes, the need a pg that can get in the paint. Give teague a chance to see what he can do. Big men don't grow on trees, so the hawks magically finding one is not just going to happen. Horford is serviceable, what they need is a pg that can break down a defense to better utilize the athletes on the wing.

Agreed 110%. All of this BS being posted about these trades is crazy.

• Premium Member

I think the point about finding a big man is not so much about finding a better big man, but finding a better compliment for either of our undersized bigs. I love Smoove. I love Horford. I don't know if I really love them together though... Would Amare as a PF be a better fit with Horf at C? Would Bosh be a better fit as our center with Smoove (or with Horf as our PF)? It is true that good bigs are not easy to come by for ANYONE and both Horf and Smoove are absolutely terrific at intangibles. However, neither is that reliable post presence that a contending team needs. Both are kind of out of position: Horf probably being better suited as a PF and Smoove being a bit of a SF/PF tweener.

I agree though that this is a good team as is. Sh!t we won over 50 games and could have had more. I don't think a complete dismantling is in order, but when you reach your limit and it's a 2nd round bouncing - you need to start tinkering. PG always has been an issue, but our front court might very well be THE issue. Both of them have high value, so I don't think ruling out a trade in the near future is such a god-awful thing.

Just my $0.02 onit.........