Most impactful Rookie PG class ever...

Diesel

• Premium Member

IF Teague gets this chance that we all believe that LD is going to give him... and if "Blink" proves to be a very good PG, wouldn't this be the best PG class in history??

Blink

Collison

Flynn

Jennings

Holiday

Lawson

Douglass

Then there's Rubio and Maynor?

IF Teague gets this chance that we all believe that LD is going to give him... and if "Blink" proves to be a very good PG, wouldn't this be the best PG class in history??

Blink

Collison

Flynn

Jennings

Holiday

Lawson

Douglass

And what about Curry and Evans? That's a long, strong list.

• Admin

Blink

Collison

Flynn

Jennings

Holiday

Lawson

Douglass

I would not put Teague on the list until he actually has more then one good game (last game of the season). Maynor had a decent season already and should be on there. Curry did play PG for GS as Ellis was the off guard.

Evans was more a sg then PG

• Premium Member

I would not put Teague on the list until he actually has more then one good game (last game of the season). Maynor had a decent season already and should be on there. Curry did play PG for GS as Ellis was the off guard.

Evans was more a sg then PG

This list is about players who may have a future as a PG in this league... (starting).

It's big to have possible 6-8 guys who can start at PG out of one draft.

In 2005, there was CP3, Deron Williams, Felton, Jack, Robinson, Ellis.

IN 1999.. there was Miller, Davis, Terry, Francis.

It's going to be interesting to see if more than 5 will stick.

This list is about players who may have a future as a PG in this league... (starting).

It's big to have possible 6-8 guys who can start at PG out of one draft.

In 2005, there was CP3, Deron Williams, Felton, Jack, Robinson, Ellis.

IN 1999.. there was Miller, Davis, Terry, Francis.

It's going to be interesting to see if more than 5 will stick.

That could end up being a really solid class of PG's, certainly one of the strongest ever if not *the* strongest ever, assuming they all keep progressing and improving, but of course it's way too early to make a call on something like that at this time. Diesel, let's revisit this thread in say 5 years time, and then see where we're at then. :biggrin:

And off-topic to this thread, but I was just looking back at some of the drafts over the past 5 years or so, and holy cow does the draft of 2006 look weak. Brandon Roy and Rajon Rondo are excellent players, LaMarcus Aldridge and Rudy Gay are both very solid, and Bargnani is very much improving, but beyond those few guys, that draft looks like pretty much a giant pu-pu platter, at least to me. I mean in the top 5 you had two complete washouts in Adam Morrison and and Shelden. Tyrus Thomas went 4th and he's at least a useful and decent player, but he really ain't nuttin special at all. Then at 7 you had Foye, at 9 was Patrick O'Bryant (AKA: 'Hopeless'), at 10 Mouhamed Sene (who's currently playing in France after being waived by 3 NBA teams), and 11 through 15 were JJ Reddick, Hilton Armstrong (who's out of the NBA), Thabo Sefalosha (whatever the heck that might be), Ronnie Brewer (completely average at best), and Cedric Simmons (also out of the league). I mean yuck! I realize it's still very early, but I'm wondering if the class of 2006 might not be in future contention for one of the worst draft classes ever.

• Premium Member

That could end up being a really solid class of PG's, certainly one of the strongest ever if not *the* strongest ever, assuming they all keep progressing and improving, but of course it's way too early to make a call on something like that at this time. Diesel, let's revisit this thread in say 5 years time, and then see where we're at then. :biggrin:

And off-topic to this thread, but I was just looking back at some of the drafts over the past 5 years or so, and holy cow does the draft of 2006 look weak. Brandon Roy and Rajon Rondo are excellent players, LaMarcus Aldridge and Rudy Gay are both very solid, and Bargnani is very much improving, but beyond those few guys, that draft looks like pretty much a giant pu-pu platter, at least to me. I mean in the top 5 you had two complete washouts in Adam Morrison and and Shelden. Tyrus Thomas went 4th and he's at least a useful and decent player, but he really ain't nuttin special at all. Then at 7 you had Foye, at 9 was Patrick O'Bryant (AKA: 'Hopeless'), at 10 Mouhamed Sene (who's currently playing in France after being waived by 3 NBA teams), and 11 through 15 were JJ Reddick, Hilton Armstrong (who's out of the NBA), Thabo Sefalosha (whatever the heck that might be), Ronnie Brewer (completely average at best), and Cedric Simmons (also out of the league). I mean yuck! I realize it's still very early, but I'm wondering if the class of 2006 might not be in future contention for one of the worst draft classes ever.

If you think 2006 was weak... Check out 2000.