• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Grade the Hawks draft

Admin

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Overall a D

My grades on each pick:

B for Crawford

F for 31

F for the French kid who is another cost saving move IMO, as we will never spend a dime on him. In fact we had him pay his own way over here for workouts...way to go ASG, 1st class all the way!

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

I graded a D last night b/c the sell of the 31s pick just pissed me off. I should have graded a C.

Of course as a fan we see no cash for selling a pick. For a 2 year non-guaranteed contract I don't see why you don't take a flyer on someone.

Crawford at 27 I'm fine with. His shooting is needed.

Hard to give a grade until about 2 years from now.

If it wasn't pick 31, I would be fine with it. In fact, I'm hyped that we got Crawford for about 200k. However, 31 pick is still pretty much first round talent. There were some good names that went out early Second round. I think it was a wasted opportunity as you have said. Still, nothing in the second round is guaranteed and we may be able to find the same talent level from the undrafted players.

Still, nothing in the second round is guaranteed and we may be able to find the same talent level from the undrafted players.

I will bet anyone right now there will be no less than three good players coming out of picks 31 thru 45. My definition of good players:

Better than anyone we sign undrafted and will get at least 20 minutes a game by the end of their 3rd season. Bets anyone?

Edited by Buzzard