• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shaq, Brad Miller or other C for $5M ?

Chaze

I want to hear from you about the C we should target if it's a MLE signed player.

We are not talking about a better C we could get from bigger deal.

Why ?

Because unlike Shaq, Brad Miller has a good mid-range game and shot, he can even create and pass from there, and all this game can easily allow Josh to stay on the floor with Al at PF, and still be near the basket as Larry Drew wants.

Shaq, and lots of other C don't allow that at all.

Brad Miller is not young too, but he knows the game, and even in defense, he's boxing out a lot, and would help Al and Josh to get rebound, and since Josh was often not good at this work, better get a C that can do that job.

We can even imagine getting both if we can sign one, and get the other by a sign-&-trade and send Zaza or Marvin or Childress (by double sign-&-trade) as main piece.

I don't see it as necessary, but maybe some people will think that interesting, so I add this option.

Think about all the points because Shaq for example can be a cool thing in ATL and bring some money by selling more tickets, something Miller won't, or indirectly if him and maybe other new guys bring enough to see that the team is clearly on the next level.

I start and my choice is Brad Miller, mainly for the game which seems to fit ATL and add new possibilities, the fact that he has no problem coming from the bench.

I also have some doubts about getting Haywood with the MLE, or he could cost too much by sign-&-trade, without bringing what Miller can.

Edited by Chaze

I want to hear from you about the C we should target if it's a MLE signed player.

We are not talking about a better C we could get from bigger deal.

Why ?

Because unlike Shaq, he has a good mid-range game and shot, he can even create and pass from there, and all this game can easily allow Josh to stay on the floor with Al at PF, and still be near the basket as Larry Drew wants.

Shaq, and lots of other C don't allow that at all.

Miller is not young too, but he knows the game, and even in defense, he's boxing out a lot, and would help Al and Josh to get rebound, and since Josh was often not good at this work, better get a C that can do that job.

We can even imagine getting both if we can sign one, and get the other by a sign-&-trade and send Zaza or Marvin or Childress (by double sign-&-trade) as main piece.

I don't see it as necessary, but maybe some people will think that interesting, so I add this option.

Think about all the points because Shaq for example can be a cool thing in ATL and bring some money by selling more tickets, something Miller won't, or indirectly if him and maybe other new guys bring enough to see that the team is clearly on the next level.

I start and my choice is Brad Miller, mainly for the game which seems to fit ATL and add new possibilities, the fact that he has no problem coming from the bench.

I also have some doubts about getting Haywood with the MLE, or he could cost too much by sign-&-trade, without bringing what Miller can.

Think about why we need a C in the first place. Primarily need someone to do work against Howard. I don't know if Miller can be that man or not. Shaq is not ideal, he can't get up and down the floor with our quick team. But he is the biggest man available, and can still play well in shorter spurts. His PER last year was 17, compare that to "king" ZaZa at 13. I'll be happy if we can get Shaq.

Think about why we need a C in the first place. Primarily need someone to do work against Howard. I don't know if Miller can be that man or not. Shaq is not ideal, he can't get up and down the floor with our quick team. But he is the biggest man available, and can still play well in shorter spurts. His PER last year was 17, compare that to "king" ZaZa at 13. I'll be happy if we can get Shaq.

i say we should get both because shaq is gonna need the rest, dont want him injured before the playoffs mike miller opens up the paint for us cuz he has a good midrange shot and just fits with our team and shaq we need him only for two teams really (ORLAND,LAKERS,) thats really it miller helps all year round

• Premium Member

i say we should get both because shaq is gonna need the rest, dont want him injured before the playoffs mike miller opens up the paint for us cuz he has a good midrange shot and just fits with our team and shaq we need him only for two teams really (ORLAND,LAKERS,) thats really it miller helps all year round

The Miller he is referring to is Brad Miller the ctr from Chicago.

I would go with Shaq because he is much more physical in the middle and will give other centers fit because they cannot guard him.

Brad Miller could not guard anyone on this board!

It's gotta be Shaq or bust at this point for this team.

We need a big guy. It does two major things

A)It helps us have a chance against Dwight Howard

B)It strengthens the case for Al Horford re-signing with the team with some help down low

thnx ur rite i never thought about it that way and we already have shooters on our team we need to improve our defense