• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tell me I'm wrong. (Marvin a top 10 SF in the NBA, the east, Lebron, the East , Damion James)

MVP23

Instead of making 6,7 threads, I'll just write everything thats on my chest.

1. Marvin Williams is our best defender. On offense he is capable of getting it going, but nobody on our team can defend the beyond like 7 feet other than Marv. Joe is decent, but he can't defend on the block. Nobody is going to give us anyone thats better than him, and all we would get is a big, or a SF that isn't as good so why trade him?

Also, I was playing 2k with a freind, and I said Marv was a top 10 SF in the east. I said it, kind..just to say it to keep the arguement going, but the more I thought about it, the more it made a little sense. Team by Team, name 20 other SFs that are clearly 100% better than Marv. I can name (in no order) Lebron, Paul P, Granger, Gerald Wallace, Deng, Melo, Rudy Gay, Durrant, and thats about it. Maybe 1 or 2 names slip my mind, but there are only about 9, 10 guys that are clearly 100% better than Marv. Keep him, we need him.

2.Lebron.......what an ego on this guy. If he talks for 1 hour only to stay in Cleveland I hope the NBA community all pulls together to hate this dude. What an *ss.

3. Rumor has it Lebron is going to MIA. They have about 4 people on the roster and 2nd round draft picks. If that happens, all we really need to compete in the east is a big. Your boy Wilbon was us out of the playoffs, but if MIA gets Lebron its like this.

1.MIA

2.Orlando

3.ATL

4.CHI

Nothing else really matters after that. Boston is D-O-N-E, and Cleveland might not win 20 games.

4. I've been lucky enough to watch 2 summer league games, and both where the Nets, and Damion James can flat out play. I know its the summer league, but he has really impressed me. Unless Jordan Craw can play PG..we really screwed up. Damion James could have backed up Marv.

Edited by MVP23

I really think Marvin has potential to be a consistent 15 and 8 guy. If you youtube Marvin and view his highlights and posterizing dunks, you would think heis a Top 5 SF (which he has the potential to be). Having a playerof his caliber has the 4th option is a huge plus for ATL. This team needs more from the PG spot and a defensive big. Hopefully they can convince Shaq to take that MLE. Then all we need is one or two more quality bench guys. I like how this team stacksup if we get Shaq. Having guys like Bibby, Craw and Shaq coming off the bench would be huge. Coach Drew is the only true question mark.

• Admin

I really think Marvin has potential to be a consistent 15 and 8 guy. If you youtube Marvin and view his highlights and posterizing dunks, you would think heis a Top 5 SF (which he has the potential to be). Having a playerof his caliber has the 4th option is a huge plus for ATL. This team needs more from the PG spot and a defensive big. Hopefully they can convince Shaq to take that MLE. Then all we need is one or two more quality bench guys. I like how this team stacksup if we get Shaq. Having guys like Bibby, Craw and Shaq coming off the bench would be huge. Coach Drew is the only true question mark.

It is extremely rare for your sf to average 8 rebounds a game. Plus we have two good rebounders at the PF and C spot so that doesn't leave as many for Marv.

I do agree that he should be getting 13 - 15 points a night though.

In no particular order, here's some names I consider better than Marvin.

Lebron, Melo, Durant, Granger, Gay, Pierce, G. Wallace, Butler, Kirilenko, and J. Howard.

I have always been a kirilenko fan, and have always wondered what a line of having him and Smith playing would do to opposing front courts, but I think he is a little broken down now. I didnt follow him much last year, so I will bite my tongue on saying he is better than Marvin. Same goes with J. Howard, expect I am not even a fan of his. I would however add S Jax to that list. I think he does a lot of the same things Marvin does ...BETTER. I would take Iguodala over Marvin any day. Isn't as big a defender as Marvin is, but is more athletic and rebounds at a very high rate. Outside of those two names, the super stars listed above, and maybe even Chillz in the mix I don't think there are more all-around better playersat the position than Marvin. Wow this is kinda eye opening. I looked at a list and most of the players might just be a bigger name draw that Williams, but can I say they are better at this stage in comparing careers, no. Now, can I say that there are some names that I think would be a better fit for what we need at the moment, yes.... Odom,Artest, Ariza, Miller, Barnes, I mean you can even throw out Butler in that regard etc.. Yes

http://www.realgm.com/src_playerrankings.php?season=2009-2010&filter=sf&highlight=