• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm boycotting the Hawks

Skar

Unfortunately, ownership thinks it is "trying" to win. They think if they bring back the exact same team as last year except pay them more money, they'll get a different outcome. If they really wanted to win a championship they would have done the unpopular thing and started over.

ROTFLMAO. When I read your post, I thought of Albert Einstein's definition of insanity - it's when you "do the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

So are we ALL insane, or just the ASG?

• Like 1

ROTFLMAO. When I read your post, I thought of Albert Einstein's definition of insanity - it's when you "do the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

They're not bringing back the same team since they made the major move that people here have been begging them to do for years and that is to replace Woodson. Now you can argue whether Drew is the right choice to replace him but if they really wanted to be "safe" they could have brought Woodson and the same players back next year and we could have expected roughly the same results. We might not be as good next year with Drew but at least they're taking a chance in letting Woodson go and bringing in an unproven coach.

Plus we still have 3 more roster spots to use and hopefully we'll at least upgrade Mario West, Joe Smith and Randolph Morris. If they bring those guys back then your argument will be a lot more fitting but it's too early to judge right now since the off-season is still relatively in the beginning.

Actually its not insanity. They've tried this for the most part for the last 6 years. And they have gotten better results each time.

Actually its not insanity. They've tried this for the most part for the last 6 years. And they have gotten better results each time.

This only worked because we first blew up the team and started over with a bunch of young players. It set us back so far that improvement was practically guarranteed for at least three years. As the young guys matured, the team got better. None turned out to be star players so we went out and got JJ. We were weak at PG, so we got Bibby, and then last year we got Crawford to help make that next step. But this year what have we done? The former young players (Josh, Marvin, Al) are solid but will probably not develop a lot more now after several years in the leagure, and we didn't pick up anyone yet that will make another step forward. We are basically going ahead with the same team as last year, but with a draft pick and different role players for the practice team. Changing the upholstry on the bench is not a step forward. What has happened that should make us expect that we will move forward again?

The only thing I see is the coaching change. I am truly glad that happened. Larry Drew may not be the biggest name but everyone started somewhere, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he can actually develop rookies? Maybe the motion offense will better balance the scoring? Maybe Larry can better motivate the players we have? Maybe we will actually out-coach the other team during games? Maybe

A big part of enjoying a team like the Hawks is the anticipation for the next season; the hope that maybe THIS season things will finally be different and we'll be contenders. The hope. Where is the hope for this year? What makes you so excited that you can hardly wait for the season to start? I don't see it yet ... but maybe they will surprise me.