• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Georgia State Football

Johnnybravo4

A new rivalry is being born before a game is ever played.

GSU vs. GSU ! Not only do they share the same abbreviation but their team colors are both blue. I don't know if you have read the blogs on AJC but there are a ton of G. Southern fans expressing their jealousy.

I cannot wait for Georgia Southern to come to the Dome to play Georgia State. That game has the potential of selling out the Ga. Dome. Royal blue vs. navy blue. Southern's "Go Big Blue !" chant, after their band plays, will be rather confusing. Give the Southern fans the nose bleed tickets. Those seats really are not that bad. That is where my Falcons season tickets are(Row 6,10 yard line).

It may be a good idea to cut off beer sales for such a heated rivalry. Hate to see something happen that would embarrass both schools. Not only do the schools not really like each other but many Southern Georgians typically dislike / stereotype Atlantans and many Atlantans typically dislike / stereotype Southern Georgians.

Mix it all up and it WILL BE 1 HUGE RIVALRY !

Edited by coachx

It may be a good idea to cut off beer sales for such a heated rivalry. Hate to see something happen that would embarrass both schools. Not only do the schools not really like each other but many Southern Georgians typically dislike / stereotype Atlantans and many Atlantans typically dislike / stereotype Southern Georgians.

Yeah that game would be cool (I'm not privy to outyear schedules). I wouldn't worry about beer sales though - at $7.00 a pop it is self policing. I'm going to next weeks game (Lambuth), but it looks like the game following that will be the real test. JAX St. is hanging in there at Mississippi pretty well.

Note: Initially I thought having the games at the Ga Dome was silly - but it seems to be turning out great so far. I didn't think about the fact that it's walking distance from campus - students get in free - and for us non-students we can actually get reasonably priced tickets without worrying about sellouts and there is plenty of pretty reasonable parking.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I went to the game and had a blast. And you're right, the test will be the Lambuth game. If they bring in 20K-plus for that one, we might be on to something here.....

For students it's basically free entertainment (and a social event)...for folks like me it's a $15.00 ticket, $8.00 for parking, and $14.00 for two beers...not bad for a fun time.

• Moderators

Ole Miss fans are fuming right now, looking at GSU giving Jacksonville St. all they can handle! OVERTIME!

(Update) Heartstopping finish, so close! I'm sure Lambuth wants a piece of Ole Miss now!

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3